Household goods value list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Household goods value list?

I know tons of people have filed. Does anybody have a link or can post their specific household goods list? I know I've seen something on here before but I can't find it.

Help!! It would be so much easier to go off somebody elses and just change as needed than to create one from scratch!

Thank you!

There is a post on this that I remember reading but can't remember what section it was under. Maybe the Bankruptcy FAQ.

I remember reading to list your stuff in sections. Like you don't have to put down each plate or fork you own. That would be ridiculous.

I just listed my big things. I do own kitchen stuff like plates and utensils but I didn't list them all. Some of the stuff isn't mine too. My bf and I share.

I can't remember mine verbatim but here is what I had. I have basically 1 bedroom apartment amount of stuff.

Sofa
    Armchair
    Ottoman
    TV Stand
    Coffee Table
    Queen Sized Bed
    Two Dressers
    Small Bookcase
    Small Kitchen Table w/ Two Chairs
    Microwave cart
    Old 2001 Desktop Computer
    Broken Laptop (which isn't broken anymore since I made the list but old so not really worth anything)
    Old 90's NON-Digital TV (ha, ha I made a point of mentioning it was NON-digital because than I knew no one would want it!)
    DVD/VCR

I think I had a few more things too but my lawyer had me put down $2000 for everything. I didn't list things like my coffeemaker, toaster and free toaster oven I got off of freecyle. All of my stuff is over 5 years old and is cheapie IKEA and has been moved many times and has many nicks and scratches. But if you know you will need to list things like plates just list it as Dinnerware (all encompassing).

Than there were those few other sections where I listed my old stereo from the 90's, my CD's and DVD's, my bike and my digital camara. Also there is a books section - all I have is old textbooks and some other misc books like travel guides.

My lawyer helped me come up with an estimate value. It doesn't have to be perfect because honestly how could you know.

Same thing with the Clothing section. Unless you own expensive designer stuff from Prada or whatever and it is just basic stuff you could sell at a garage sale for a $1- just come up with a rough estimate for used clothing.

Anyhow, that was my experience with that section. That was the hardest part of filling the forms out for me because honestly I think my stuff is worth zilch. I have 3 cats with claws so my 10 year old IKEA couch isn't in that great of shape.

I am sure more people with have helpful tips for that section. But it turned out to not be as bad as I thought.
    Last edited by queenfluff; 04-16-2009, 03:21 PM.
    "I broke, I broke, it's off to Chapter 7 I go"
    http://queenfluff.blogs.experienceproject.com/
    1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X