Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was fast

Hey all,
    Well we filed Ch.7 on April 5th and our 341 is May 28th Eastern Mi. Just got the first two your credit privileges have been terminated letters in the mail today. Did not even include them in bk. I expected this to happen but it feels like a punch in the gut. I will be glad when the 28th finally gets here. Still feel like puking every day.
    Filed 4-5-09 CH.7
    341- 5-28-09 continued TT had no case paperwork??????
    341 meeting 6-18-09, Went Swell, 3 minutes
    Discharged 7-29-09

Hey, take this as good news. Those cards are what got you here. You will do fine and you have no idea how good your new start in life will feel. Just remember, it is up to YOU to make it work. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

You're one step closer to being freed of the credit card debt!

I noticed your file and meeting date. They seem pretty far apart....almost 2 months. We're getting ready to file in a couple of weeks in SE Michigan. I was hoping for a 341 closer to one month after filing.
      filed chapter 7 BK 4/27/09
      341 meeting 6/4/09
      DISCHARGED!!! 8/5/09

Comment

Originally posted by 2fargone View Post
        Hey all,
        Well we filed Ch.7 on April 5th and our 341 is May 28th Eastern Mi. Just got the first two your credit privileges have been terminated letters in the mail today. Did not even include them in bk. I expected this to happen but it feels like a punch in the gut. I will be glad when the 28th finally gets here. Still feel like puking every day.
        What did you mean by you did not include them? all debt is included in chapter 7. Didn't trustee ask you if you included all creditors?
        Chapter 7 07/30/2008
        341 09/17/2008
        Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Originally posted by TEW View Post
          What did you mean by you did not include them? all debt is included in chapter 7. Didn't trustee ask you if you included all creditors?
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Hub, Thanks for the words of encouragement , Yes the cards were the beginning of the end.

Downsized,
            I was hoping for a much earlier meeting, I was surprised at the wait, lawyer said they were swamped in Flint doing 10-12 cases an hour.

TEW,
            Sorry, what I meant was I owed them nothing and had not used them in ages, actually forgot all about these until I got the notices today, have not seen the trustee yet .
            Filed 4-5-09 CH.7
            341- 5-28-09 continued TT had no case paperwork??????
            341 meeting 6-18-09, Went Swell, 3 minutes
            Discharged 7-29-09

Comment

Originally posted by TEW View Post
              I assume they're zero balance cards. If there's no balance on a credit card, you don't have to list it in your schedules. However, as the OP experienced, some creditors will cancel the card once they find out about your BK filing, either by a periodic credit report check or through a service that monitors bankruptcy filings. Amex is notorious for doing this.
              "BK7 is not a fast-food combo meal."

Disclaimer: I'm a lawyer, but I'm not your lawyer. ;-) Accordingly, this post should not be considered legal advice.

Comment

We reaffirmed our mortgage, our 2 cars, and our equity line of credit.
                Got a letter in the mail last week on the equity loan, basically saying they will happily let us pay it off, but we can no longer access the credit line.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X