Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about bank statements

Ok,

So my attorney will probably ask for 6 months of bank statements. If I were to file on the 7th of September, Won't they want to look at 6 whole months - March 1st thru August 31st and not March 7th thru September 6th ?

Currently my bank statements run from the 7th of the month to the 6th of the next month and back when my statement was from February 7th - March 6th there were a couple of bigger deposits between February 7th and February 27th. Tax refund, last years end of year bonus, work reimbursement and escrow overage check. Because it is on the statement given to them won't they then look at all of that other stuff on the bank statement even though it isn't in the 6 month lookback period. We are having to wait to file because all of those things make our income look bigger than it actually was. Actually just the bonus does that.

Will it be best to wait until October to file instead of September or will they ignore anything further back than 6 months? I really hope we can file come September 1st as I have everything planned out to do just that.

I am in South Florida if that matters.

thanks bunches
    Ya'll are awesome
    Southern District of Florida
    Filed Ch 7 - 8/6/09 341 - 9/14/09
    Report of No Distribution - 9/18/09
    DISCHARGE ! 11/23/09 Closed 12/8/09

Not sure about the statements but at my 341 meeting last week my trustee would ask all of us questions like " from mid september to mid march did you........" I think they go by exact dates not full months. However paychecks could be different.
    From this day on I move FORWARD!!!
    Filed Chapter 7 on 3/20/09!
    Discharged 6/2009

Comment

crazy, my attorney only wants a BS from the day I file. I questioned her about 6 month, but she says they don't ask for them.

Comment

Mine asked for six months. Novayalife, what kinds of questions were asked?
        Retained attorney 4/14/09
        Filed 5/29/09 :yahoo:
        341 meeting 7/8/09 DONE! :yahoo::yes2:
        DISCHARGED!!!!!!! 10/16/09 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

There is a wide variance on how many bank statements need to be provided. It seems to be not only district variances, but the specifics of your case (above or below median income or if there is large debt or other complications).

In our district it is standard to provide the bank statements for at least 6 mths plus the statement showing your bank balances as of the filing date. YMMV.
          Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
          Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Will not be filing until 9/30/09; however, my Attorney stated he would need two months of bank statements beginning July 1st - Augusth 30th.

Luci

Comment

I was under the median and no asset. The reason they only want a current statement is to verify my assets. I am currently jobless so there would be no reason to ask for more statements, unless the trustee suspects something. Ihave them jsut in case.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X