Anyone ever hear of this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever hear of this?

got home from work today only to find a car parked by my driveway. I asked who he was and he said he was contracted by certain mortgage companys to take pictures of all the homes in my area to check if they are abandoned or not. I watched him drive away without stopping at any more homes to photograph. I am only a week behind on my mortgage payments, have not reaffirmed and don't plan to. Just going to let CW repossess the home. I talked with my lawyer and she advised to me no contact with CW, just stop making my payments and let them take the house. Just seems strange to me. He was parked in the middle of my home and my neighbor's so I'm not sure which home he was photographing. He drove off before I was able to get into any details with him. Has this ever happened to anyone else here or does anyone have any insight on this?

Gabriel
    Last edited by Gabriel_S; 04-21-2009, 08:27 PM.
    filed ch7 - Nov 24 - 08
    341 Meeting - Dec 30 - 08
    Discharged March 04-09
    Case Closed March 09-09

There was someone else here who had someone take photos of their house. The bank did foreclose eventually from what I remember. The bank can do this at anytime, but they probably suspect you are letting the house go in bk and are just checking on the condition of the property.

Comment

Thanks Eddiep. Seems awfully soon though? I do have some damage to my gutters from that crazy snowfall we had this season that I simply haven't had the money to fix it yet. How long does a foreclosure normally take after BR in Wa State? My ex and I have decided to get back together again but that won't happen for 2 to 3 months at the earliest.
      filed ch7 - Nov 24 - 08
      Discharged March 04-09
      Case Closed March 09-09

Comment

That is fast! How would have thought that CW was competent at anything! Are you good with letting the house go? If not send me a PM, I can pass on some info that may help.

I don't think they care about gutters, just checking to see if the house is still there, I guess? Who knows, just another way to waste the money you have given them. Not sure how long before the NOD will be issued. I think it is around 3 months before they get serious.

Congratulations on the reunion!

Comment

Home inspections

Indymac has done this a couple of times, but they have left a little note saying that they came by to inspect the property and to email or call Hope Now for assistance blah blah. I think the fact that I have kept up the property, even though it is empty, has caused them to not foreclose over the past 16 months of non-payment.

But that all came to an end. I stopped paying the insurance and I was served this week. I still cut the grass, keep the pool blue and keep the electric on to keep mold out. I love the house, but I owe too much on it.

Comment

The loan servicers send someone out to photograph the properties for "inspection purposes" - they charge a fee to do this. So, even if you are not paying, the servicer charges the fees. When the house is foreclosed upon, the servicer collects those fees from mortgage insurance payments or from the lender servicing agreements they have in place with each lender if they can not get the fee from you. This is a normal part of the process and nothing about which to be concerned.

The later you are on your mortgage, the more fees that get assessed more frequently. Sometimes they send someone out a couple times a month! It really does not have so much to do with you or the property as it is a vehicle to generate income for the servicer.
            Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
            Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by eddiep View Post
              That is fast! How would have thought that CW was competent at anything! Are you good with letting the house go? If not send me a PM, I can pass on some info that may help.

I don't think they care about gutters, just checking to see if the house is still there, I guess? Who knows, just another way to waste the money you have given them. Not sure how long before the NOD will be issued. I think it is around 3 months before they get serious.

Congratulations on the reunion!

Thanks Eddie, Yes I'm quite good with letting the house go. The economy the way it is, lack of OT work (thank god I at least have a job still), has made it impossible for me to keep the home and still keep up with my living expenses. I love my home but after all it is only brick and wood. Moving back with my ex is going to save me a bundle and that is the whole idea of BR, to have a fresh new debt free lease on life.

Will the mortgagor be coming after me for the fees for these inspections? I was under the impression that once the BR is complete I would be free of all discharged debts. Like i stated earlier I have not reaffirmed anything in writing, not my home nor my auto.

Thanks a ton!
              Gabriel
              filed ch7 - Nov 24 - 08
              Discharged March 04-09
              Case Closed March 09-09

Comment

Once the debt is discharged in BK, the mortgage co/lender/servicer can NOT come after you for the fees.
                Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
                  Once the debt is discharged in BK, the mortgage co/lender/servicer can NOT come after you for the fees.
                  Whew, Thank you so much StartgOver08 !!! Just seems that once you think you have crossed one hurdle, another gets immediately tossed right in front of you.

Guess I better start getting used to it.

Gabriel
                  filed ch7 - Nov 24 - 08
                  Discharged March 04-09
                  Case Closed March 09-09

Comment

Next time, release the hounds

Actually I seriously doubt he was from country wide. are you up to date on your property taxes? On our county auditors website it shows any delinquent taxes, you can buy a name list of them, long story short, It might be a broker or one of those scam "we help save your home" companies. 1 week late doesn't CW paying a fee. maybe 2 to 3 months, but not 1 week. You probably haven't even made there radar. it takes 2 weeks to get the reminder letter from them.

Comment

I have a CW homeloan and also a GMAC I was 3 months behind and walked outside to see a man taking pictures of my house. I ran out and got in front of his car before he could drive away. I asked him what he was doing and he fed me a line of crap saying he was hired by a independent company and was taking pictures so they could update home values in the area. I was very mean to him and he came clean and told me I needed to catch up on my house payments or they were about to forclose on my house. I called CW and it was true. They told me I had to pay $6000.00 within a week by bank check. I did and then 1 week later I got a letter in the mail saying I had to pay the $6000.00 over the next 4 months and could use this payment plan. I was so mad. Good luck to you. We are not letting our house go. I wish we were but it just isn't smart for us to do that. We are not that upside down and when the market comes back we can make money on the sale of our house.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X