Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Friday after waiting 7 months!

Finally it's here.
    We tried to file in October of 2008 and found out that our income for the last 6 months counted and we could not use Chapter 7.
    I did not like the way the Chapter 13 rules were and as my wife just lost her job for medical reasons the income was much lower with just our retirement so the attorney advised we just wait. Our retirement is well below the means.
    We were current on our bills in October but no longer had the income to maintain payments without the wife's income and we could not sell our home and get out from under either with the market the way it was and is.
    Many phone calls from collections and such later we filed in March for Chapter 7 and our 341 is finally ready to go.
    It's been a long wait.
    But I suppose the 60 days will also be a long wait.

good luck, I hope your meeting goes smooth!

Comment

I second the motion! I hope it's uneventful and flies right by for you!
      BKForum Blog: The Journey

sigpic

Comment

Ken when is your 341?

Comment

1 PM today. I understand our attorney has a number of cases today also.

Comment

Goodluck Ken - I am rooting for you and hope that everything goes real smooth for you guys.....Let us know how it goes...

Comment

Go for it ken. The Sixty days go faster than you think. PLEASE report the 341, as there are many new lurkers scarred as we all once were. It isn't as bad as they think but when they have not experienced it, they are still scarred. 'Hub
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

OK, it's over. Lot's of people there and they were really cranking them trough with an average of about 2-4 minutes per case!
                One thing of note, the Trustee handed us a piece of paper stating that the court will enter the discharge 75 days from the date of the hearing which is a little different that we were expecting.
                So I guess the courts are busy and I now am a member of the 75 day club???

Comment

HA HA - new club now! Welcome to the 75 day club! Woo Hoo!
                  Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                  Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

OK, I just counted the days and it appear I can expect to be discharged (that 75 day thing according to what they gave us at the 341) on July 6th.
                    Counting the days now.

Comment

That will be the day you declare your independence! Celebrate with some fireworks and a nice picnic. God bless.
                      Scared to file. Scared not to file.

Comment

I noted that was the Monday following the 3 day weekend. Friday is the holiday.
                        But I am hoping to celebrate that weekend or before and that the 75 day thing the trustee gave us is just extra time for the court to get the discharge paperwork to us.
                        Our attorney says that the court mails it to us directly and he gets a copy for his records.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X