Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deceased spouse?!

I'm a little confused....

I'm more or less done with the petition, but I'm still not entirely sure how to complete Schedule I.

Technically I was married, but then my husband died. Am I now single?
    Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values - HH The Dalai Lama
    Pro Se; filed no asset Ch 7 (including back taxes): 4/09
    314 Meeting : 6/09
    Complete Discharge 7/09 with CRFTL 8/09.

Originally posted by CarrieOakey View Post
    I'm a little confused....

I'm more or less done with the petition, but I'm still not entirely sure how to complete Schedule I.

Technically I was married, but then my husband died. Am I now single?
    I do not know the answer to this. But, just wanted to say I am so sorry for your loss......

Comment

That's so sweet of you - thank you so much for your kindness

He was very young, only 31.

But thank you, again, so much!

Comment

Well I would think you would list his income as it was but put in the occupation field deceased. You are basically filing alone with spouse's income.

Even it it puts you over median I think a ust would have a hard time arguing considering the totality of the petition. Unless of course you alone made over median income.
        3/2/09- Filed: chapter 7 / No asset
        4/1/09- 341 Hearing: 1 creditor showed up Got to love family feuds
        4/2/09- Trustee Report of No Distribution Filed
        6/24/09- Discharged and case closed

Comment

He had no income but SSDI.

Mine is so far below the median it's almost laughable.
          Last edited by CarrieOakey; 04-23-2009, 08:21 PM. Reason: brain fart lol

Comment

I feel petty for worring and complaining so much about my own stupid problems, I am very sorry you lost your husband, that is way too young!

Comment

Oh gosh, thank you for your kindness

I was his caregiver during the last year of his life...I think sometimes you acquire a certain type of reality check when you do that, you know? Most of the debt involved in my Ch 7 is medical...ironically, it wasn't his illness (needed heart transplant, didn't qualify) that eventually led up to his death...he was given a particular anti-inflammatory drug after he had pacemaker surgery in Dec 07...the drug in question is generally contraindicated in patients with kidney failure. He had chronic kidney failure from juvenile diabetes and essentially, the drug pushed him over the edge and he died at home with me on Christmas Morning.

Anyway...sorry, that rambled a little more than I'd intended.

(note to self: Mebbe add this info to vaccines post elsewhere, lest people think I have a bias towards drug companies lol)

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X