Help! under means but too much income

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! under means but too much income

I filed the initial bk petition (pro se)to avoid a garnishment. Now I am filing out the remaining forms, and read on here that maybe I have too much income as compared to my expenses. After filling out my monthly expenses, I still have $500 in income. I have read here that if I have more than $167 income after expense, I may not be eligble for chpt 7. I have been living like a miser , but cant pad the expenses to cover that much income

However all my income is from unemployment, and that runs out in less than 2 months. Do they take into consideration the fact that my income will cease shortly? Or do they only look at the moment of filing? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I live in Indiana

I'm confused. How is that possible? (too much income even if you're below the median).
    Retained attorney 4/14/09
    Filed 5/29/09 :yahoo:
    341 meeting 7/8/09 DONE! :yahoo::yes2:
    DISCHARGED!!!!!!! 10/16/09 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by congochris View Post
      However all my income is from unemployment, and that runs out in less than 2 months. Do they take into consideration the fact that my income will cease shortly? Or do they only look at the moment of filing? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I live in Indiana
      Unemployment benefits are exempt, it won't count as income. You also have a wild card exemption up to $4,000.

Here's the Indiana schedule:

Good luck, congochris.

Comment

I personally don't understand how you can live off of unemployment and have $500 left over at the end of the month. Are you living with family? If so, are you planning to move? If you post a list of expenses, a lot of people on here will probably be able to help you determine what's reasonable.

Comment

I believe the OP means, when taking her income (UE) and subracting her expenses, she still has 500.00 disposable income.

OP,

look over your expenses again and use the IRS standards for your area and see what you come up with. You might be suprised. OR post your expenses you have listed and we can help you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X