Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedule J....entertainment?

Hello,

I was wondering for those of you who already filed and were discharged with no question, what amount did you list on the row for entertainment, magazine expense? How much is allowed in So Cal or where can I find out?

I am worried because someone here listed that $75 for entertainment was too much. Is that also true for Chapter 7?

ANy input greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Filed Chapter 7 4/22/2009
    341 Meeting Scheduled 5/27/2009
    Discharged 7/30/2009
    Awaiting closing!!!!

I'm curious about this too.
    Retained attorney 4/14/09
    Filed 5/29/09 :yahoo:
    341 meeting 7/8/09 DONE! :yahoo::yes2:
    DISCHARGED!!!!!!! 10/16/09 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

We put down $150 in Colorado for a family of 6. It wasn't questioned by our trustee.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBankrupt33 View Post
        We put down $150 in Colorado for a family of 6. It wasn't questioned by our trustee.

That's good to hear. I put dow $100 for a family of 4 in California.
        Discharged 7/30/2009
        Awaiting closing!!!!

Comment

I had no idea what to put. I put $150 for just me. That's less than $40 a week.

Comment

Originally posted by jb1231 View Post
            I had no idea what to put. I put $150 for just me. That's less than $40 a week.
            What did your attorney say? Have you had your 341?
            Discharged 7/30/2009
            Awaiting closing!!!!

Comment

I honestly don't remember what mine were. I thought it was odd and uncomfortable making the budget for the filing -- do I put what I "could" make it be or do I put what we actually spend since we suck with money?

It's $40 just to go to the movies for my family.
              Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
              341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

I just faxed my paperwork today so I'm not sure what he'll say yet.

Comment

True!

Originally posted by BkinTX View Post
                  I honestly don't remember what mine were. I thought it was odd and uncomfortable making the budget for the filing -- do I put what I "could" make it be or do I put what we actually spend since we suck with money?

It's $40 just to go to the movies for my family.
                  That's so true.. These days a little fun costs a lot of $.
                  Discharged 7/30/2009
                  Awaiting closing!!!!

Comment

Frankly, for my clients, I try to avoid putting down any entertainment at all and I see where they're at without it.

Put all other expenses in first, and if your numbers look good without it, then omit it, or put a small number per month ($50).

Somebody asked on this forum whether they expect you to live like a hermit ... the answer is no ... BUT, they don't expect that you should spend several hundred dollars per month on entertainment while asking that the thousands upon thousands you wracked up on credit cards gets dismissed. They expect to see belt tightening in a budget ... and putting down $150-$200 per month in "entertainment" doesn't really make it look like you're struggling all that much.

Comment

In my district, the trustee has his own set of guidelines for what is considered reasonable, meaning, no objections or proof.

We are allowed under this category.

(Recreation, clubs, entertainment, newspapers, magazines, and personal care products and services.)

$132 for single debtor
                      $200 joint debtors or family

Comment

Which district is this?

Comment

I put down $100 like I said, but most of it is eating out which we spend alot on due to my son's ongoing medical appointments which last from 4-6 hours each time. So not really entertainment right?
                          Discharged 7/30/2009
                          Awaiting closing!!!!

Comment

Hubby is an OTR Truck Driver and I am disabled. We eat out alot because a lot of the times, he is tired from working 70 hrs a week and I don't feel well.

The list we got from our Attorney doesn't even have a category for Entertainment & a note that says 'most people leave off tobacco and haircuts'.

I'm going to put our dining out in with our grocery bills and see what figure I come up with. Haven't been able to keep up with my monthly spreadsheet as hubby spent a week in the hospital & home for 2 weeks at the request of his doctor. I've been a Nurse, Cook, Dishwasher & Washing, Drying & folding clothes for the past 3 weeks.

Hopefully, he will get to go back to work tomorrow after he sees the doctor and I will get back into my normal routine and get my spreadsheets up to date.

We are not filing until 9/30/09 using Mar-Aug income. Soo, sometime in July, I will make an appt. to visit with our Attorney again. I have a list of questions including what non defined expenses the Trustee in our District(he/she...there are 4) is allowing.

Luci

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X