Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

job offer after 341...need some advise

guru question,
    I was offered a job on my previous job. Is it advisable to grab the oppurtunity specially now that I don't have a job now but my concern is...My 341 is on wed. 4/29/09 so should i accept the job?

JMO, I would accept the job.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Of course you should accept the job. There is no reason not to.

Comment

Accept the job and congrats. Your BK will not be affected.

Comment

even though I'm not discharged yet? My Bk won't be affected?

Comment

You can always accept the job but explain you can't start until 4/30 due to "previous personal commitments". That date is so close that most companies won't complain. Congrats and good luck.
            Ch 7 filed: 3/30
            341: 5/12
            Discharged and Closed 7/20: Now known as- Free Willy

Comment

Originally posted by migoylim View Post
              even though I'm not discharged yet? My Bk won't be affected?
              No, it will not be affected. You can make one million dollars after your 341 and it will have no effect on your BK.

Comment

What if the new job would materially increase your income? I'd be going from making unemployment to making $65k a year. As long as it's after the 341, it's ok? It just doesn't matter? I would think we'd be told we were able to afford to be in Ch. 13 and get pushed there.
                Ch. 7
                Filed: 05/07/2009
                341: 07/01/2009
                Discharged AND closed: 09/29/2009

Comment

I have been struggling with the job thing too. My lawyer told me that my income can't increase during the BK process. (I am unemployed right now and have been for a looong time) and that I shouldn't get a job.

I have a thread on this "My life is on hold". Many gurus on here say yes you can get a job but my lawyer told me no.

Not that there any jobs right now in my field and by the time I do get one the BK will probably be over but it is a struggle to know what is right and why. I still erring on the side of caution jobwise.

Maybe it is safer after the 341? I haven't had mine yet.

Humonese, if I got a job my income would skyrocket too like yours so that might be a problem.

But to the original OP, I would have my job start date to be after the 341 - better to safe than sorry. Congrats on your job!
                  "I broke, I broke, it's off to Chapter 7 I go"
                  http://queenfluff.blogs.experienceproject.com/
                  1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

Comment

My attorney said for me to hold off on getting a job. I think he said after the Bk file date, but to be safe, I'm going to wait until at least after the 341 meeting. Meanwhile, we can just live off my wife's income.

Only sad thing is (main reason for filing Ch 7), I will be out of work for almost a year. I figure it's hard to get a job after being let go.. but even harder the longer you are unemployed?
                    Last edited by time2restart; 04-28-2009, 03:26 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by fltoo View Post
                      No, it will not be affected. You can make one million dollars after your 341 and it will have no effect on your BK.
                      WOW 4 or 5 Gurus answered the question and people still asking the same question....haha this is the opposite of sophomoric...

I'm just joking by the way...

I guess the safe route is after the 341 but why would it matter if it was before?? Since you've already qualified based on the previous 6 months. I understand the pending settlement thing but that something you knew about before filing and technically part of the BK Estate. Unless you knew you were going to get a million dollar job before discharge, I don't see how it would matter.

Comment

migoylim,

my wife and i just had our 341 yesterday. took 15-minutes, but that was because much of the proceedings involved the trustee asking me if i was interested in a job?! go figure, went in for BK and came out with a job offer. so, it seems to me that upping your employment prospects does not affect your bk...

anyway, good luck!
                        Filed: April 2009
                        341 Meeting: April 28, 2009
                        Discharge: July 1, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by chad9162 View Post
                          WOW 4 or 5 Gurus answered the question and people still asking the same question....haha this is the opposite of sophomoric...

I'm just joking by the way...

I guess the safe route is after the 341 but why would it matter if it was before?? Since you've already qualified based on the previous 6 months. I understand the pending settlement thing but that something you knew about before filing and technically part of the BK Estate. Unless you knew you were going to get a million dollar job before discharge, I don't see how it would matter.
                          come here, let me smack you

Comment

Originally posted by newbeginning View Post
                            migoylim,

my wife and i just had our 341 yesterday. took 15-minutes, but that was because much of the proceedings involved the trustee asking me if i was interested in a job?! go figure, went in for BK and came out with a job offer. so, it seems to me that upping your employment prospects does not affect your bk...

anyway, good luck!
                            Wow. What a great story! So the trustee offered you a job???? What kind of job? That's pretty cool

Comment

Originally posted by hopeforus View Post
                              what kind of job?
                              debt collector haha

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X