6 month income test question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 month income test question

Ok, so I know this may sound weird but I am trying to figure out what counts and what doesn't.

I was laid off on the 10th day of the month and I received a paycheck, the following week that included days from the previous month. In my six month look back, month 6 (counting backwards) is the month I was laid off. So does the paycheck I received in month 6 with days from month 7 all count or just the days in month 6.

I know this sounds very technical but anything less does help. Hope I explained it well.

Originally posted by Florida30 View Post
    Ok, so I know this may sound weird but I am trying to figure out what counts and what doesn't.

I was laid off on the 10th day of the month and I received a paycheck, the following week that included days from the previous month. In my six month look back, month 6 (counting backwards) is the month I was laid off. So does the paycheck I received in month 6 with days from month 7 all count or just the days in month 6.

I know this sounds very technical but anything less does help. Hope I explained it well.
    The answer is yes it counts. It's the month you are PAID not the month you worked.

Comment

Remember it is the 6 FULL months prior to the date you are filing.

If you file in May - anytime in May, you are going to use Nov 2008 thru April 2008. None of the income in May will count.

If you were just laid off April 10 and you file in say July - then Jan thru June are the months you are going to use.
      Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
      Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

I am filing in May, so in my case I was laid off Nov. 10th. Whatever paycheck I received in Nov. counts. Got it. I wish it weren't that way. Darn it!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X