Difficult creditors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difficult creditors?

Just curious about some things, are there certin creditors that like to object, and try to make things difficult for a chapter 7 case? I just want kind of a heads up, as to which ones might try to cause me some issues when i file. I heard Best Buy likes to make things difficult, how about Care credit, or Home Depot?

I cannot relax, Now i know what everyone here is talking about, when they say they are sick to their stomachs. Today was our first day of a missed payment, and that was a hard thing for me to grasp. Please anyone, some advice on differant creditors, so i can be prepared.

Anyone??????

Comment

It really depends on who you have for your creditors.

Of all the creditors I had Juniper was probably the most aggressive. They would call my cell anywhere from 5-10 times a day, usually about every half hour or hour.

Next was American Express that called about 2-4 times a day. They usually left a recorded message on the answering machine.

BoA was probably the tamest of them all, calling just 1-2 times every other day, usually to talk about my account and offer me ways to help.

Everyone else called about once a day and by the 3rd week, I knew who was going to call first in the morning (Amex).
      sigpic
      Filed - 11/19/08;341 - 12/22/08
      Discharged - 2/23/09 ;Closed - 3/6/09
      Got my first post BK credit line - car loan - 4/9/09 On my way to recovery.

Comment

do a search on here, as this subject has been beat to death. If you are out of the 90 days, most creditors don't object. I have only seen 1 guy who had an objection. He did a cash advance 1 month before filing(can't remember how much but it was big). Other than that as long as you wait at least 90 days after last charge(6months to a year is better), you shouldn't get any objections.

If you have spefic concerns ask your lawyer, as each district is different. My attorney has done numerous cases and pretty much has seen it all. She has never had an objection to any of her clients cc. Best buy sends a letter asking if you wanna reaffirm or send back the mdse, but she never responds and they never pursue it(ever). so your lawyer will be your best guide, just be upfront and honest with them.

Comment

Chase was the most aggressive for me with BofA being the least aggressive.
          May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
          May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
          May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
          9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by liz417 View Post
            Chase was the most aggressive for me with BofA being the least aggressive.
            I think he is asking about objections to the bankrupcy not creditors calling when you are late(please correct me if I am wrong OP.). Again I haven't heard of anybody getting objections. I don't know if its the tarp(or whatever the hell its called) keeping them from objecting or just the matter of it costs too much to object.

Comment

We had a home depot card which is actually provided by citibank. just the normal 4 calls a day after about 30 days of no payment but they did not object to anything and they were the most recent charge we had for over $500. Mostly credit card companies just call several times a day. It is your loan companies I think with my experience that hassle you more. Especially Citifinancial. There is a difference in citifinancial and citibank so don't get my posting confused.
              Filed Jan 23rd, 2009
              341 meeting--February 24th--Went smooth
              :yahoo::yahoo:
              Discharged may 12th--had to call the court clerk!!:clapping::yahoo::yahoo::

Comment

Opps, you're right, the OP was asking about creditor objections! Sorry...
                9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by okiebk09 View Post
                  We had a home depot card which is actually provided by citibank. just the normal 4 calls a day after about 30 days of no payment but they did not object to anything and they were the most recent charge we had for over $500. Mostly credit card companies just call several times a day. It is your loan companies I think with my experience that hassle you more. Especially Citifinancial. There is a difference in citifinancial and citibank so don't get my posting confused.
                  What were your experiences with CITIFINANCIAL ?? I have a CC issued through them for a Mattress retailer, and they seem to be the only one's not calling with a Robocaller. Shaneequa calls and leaves a message once or twice a day. You think i'm gonna have a problem with them ??
                  Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
                    What were your experiences with CITIFINANCIAL ?? I have a CC issued through them for a Mattress retailer, and they seem to be the only one's not calling with a Robocaller. Shaneequa calls and leaves a message once or twice a day. You think i'm gonna have a problem with them ??
                    LOL!! Tell "Shaneequa" that they could come pick up the mattress, I doubt they would want it back...if so, I would pee on it, then tell them to pick it up!
                    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by liz417 View Post
                      LOL!! Tell "Shaneequa" that they could come pick up the mattress, I doubt they would want it back...if so, I would pee on it, then tell them to pick it up!
                      Way past that . Son already Shart on it.
                      Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

No sharting jokes! Especially from a tuna in the IE.
                        Scared to file. Scared not to file.

Comment

Is it bad if you mess with the creditors when they call? I like asking them to raise my rate to an even 30%, if they will I might pay. Uneven numbers are bad luck.
                          6/30/2009 Filed Ch. 7
                          10/06/2009 Discharged
                          01/24/2011 Closed

Comment

Funny

Originally posted by hamburgervol View Post
                            Is it bad if you mess with the creditors when they call? I like asking them to raise my rate to an even 30%, if they will I might pay. Uneven numbers are bad luck.
                            I told one..... What you have not heard? Obama is president! We do not have to pay our bills anymore! He is going to pay them for us and everything is free now.

Needlesss to say she was not impressed.
                            Retained Attorney= 03/13/2009
                            Filed No Asset Chapter 7= 03/31/2009
                            341 Done= 04/27/2009
                            Discharged= 07/16/2009

Comment

citifinancial called refualry for a while and always politely asked me to return their call.

I NEVER spoke to one creditor because I knew I would be filing. All they want is money and I had none to give them.

At first it was pretty emotionally devastating. I could hardly stand to hear the phone ring and I could not bear to get my mail more than once a week. I was rather depressed.

Fortunately, I was able to talk to people about it and finally realized "it is what it is" and developed my plan to get back into shape financially.

I will be filing ch. 7 pro se on May 26th or 27th.

READ these forums.

They helped me a lot.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X