Credit card offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit card offer

I never plan on owning a credit card again. I am not even discharged yet and they are now sending me offers.

HAHA funny.

Never again will I own a credit card. This is my debt free chance minus the car and loans and I am not going to blow it!

I feel you!!
    Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
    341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

Third that one. I am now a one woman cash and carry show. No cash no carry. Besides my personal reprioritizing about "stuff". It's amazing how I no longer feel I need to own all that stuff. My stress is down, my needs are down, my life is much less complicated. It's going to stay that way too.

We also are getting offers for credit cards and they are going right in the trash. The auto loans for a new car post bk are also going in the same place.
      Ch 7 filed: 3/30
      341: 5/12
      Discharged and Closed 7/20: Now known as- Free Willy

Comment

You know I was discharged back in November and I have not applied for any credit to date. I am not going to say that I never will but i think i am still in the learning curve. There has been three things now that I was saving for that I ended up getting very cheaply or someone came along that i knew would lend me what they had.
        Chapter 7 07/30/2008
        341 09/17/2008
        Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Credit can be very beneficial for short term needs if used properly. You can even have them cut your line to $500 or whatever your monthly needs are and pay them back monthly so you dont incur finance charges. You can also take advantage of the free rewards they offer. Ofcourse managing it wisely is easier said than done, otherwise most of us wouldn't be in our situations.

Originally posted by inpain66 View Post
          I never plan on owning a credit card again. I am not even discharged yet and they are now sending me offers.

HAHA funny.

Never again will I own a credit card. This is my debt free chance minus the car and loans and I am not going to blow it!
          Filed Ch 7 9/28/09
          341 Meeting 10/22/09 (Went well)
          Discharged 12/22/2009!

Comment

I think it's going to be a long time before I trust myself with credit cards.

Comment

Yes we started getting offers right after the filing of the Chapter 7.
              They must monitor the court records!
              Credit cards were not our problem. It was trying to sell our single wide mobile home on acreage that we owned that nobody would loan money on. The lending institutions just refused to grant anyone a loan. Many tried!
              That coupled with job loss due to medical reasons and a big RV payment left us in trouble.
              Oh well, you have to deal with what life throws at you, that's for sure.

Comment

Another CC ?

I got an offer in the mail from a CC company I included in my BK. I am currently in my 60 day "wait from HELL" period. I was just about to call and apply and my stomach got all in knots and I put the phone down. I started thinking "since I'm not discharged, and if they do give me another account, can they transfer the balance from the bad debt to my new car?" I do need a credit card to rent vehicles because I travel frequently, but I am not trying to mess up again!!!! Anyone have any insight? Are my concerns valid?

Comment

Use a debit card. Most debit cards are accepted as credit cards.

Comment

Yes, they do but most want to place a $300-500 hold on the funds and most times my rentals are only over the weekends, 3 days max. But I guess that is an option I may have to use. Just wonder if anyone knew if the CC company could do that??

Comment

mscyg my local credit union has an outstanding prepaid credit card program with low fees. Check and see if your bank or a local CU does too. It can be loaded with up to $5k in money and can be reused. I understand that Wally World also has a nice prepaid credit card for sale with reasonable fees that can be reloaded. Check into finding one of these prepaid credit cards for travel. That's what we plan to do.
                      Ch 7 filed: 3/30
                      341: 5/12
                      Discharged and Closed 7/20: Now known as- Free Willy

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions, BK fam!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X