Business vs. Sub Contractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business vs. Sub Contractor

Alright, I am in the process of filling out my paperwork for filing chapter 7 and I am a little confused. There is a section about business that you may have owned, but I don't know if this is considered a business.

In 2007, I did some work for my father when he was remodeling a house and I did a lot of the painting for him on my days off. When tax time came, I was given a 1099-Misc to file my taxes with.

Another case would be in 2008 when I had a few websites up where I was an affiliate with eBay and Commission Junction. I made roughly $3000 between the 2 of them and I received a 1099-Misc from each affiliate company to use when I filed my taxes for the 2008 year.

In both cases, I used my Social Security Number and the so-called business name was my name.

I see these as being a sub-contractor and not a business.

Does anyone have any advice or experience with this sort of thing when they filed?

I emailed my lawyer a few days ago, but haven't heard anything and I probably won't until I pay him my retainer fee.

Thanks.
    Filed (Pro Se) - 06/23/2009.
    341 meeting - 08/05/2009.
    Last day for objections - 10/05/2009.
    Discharged - 10/06/2009

It is just 1099misc Independent Contractor income. Just add it to your wages as income.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X