top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coordinate bank acct. balance and filing??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coordinate bank acct. balance and filing??

Question 1: How do you coordinate the bank account balance and the filing date? Does your lawyer tell you when they plan on filing and then you estimate what your balance would be on that day?

Question 2: Does the trustee request copies of bank statements for transactions between filing date and 341 meeting? I thought the money that you receive (unemployment, etc) after filing date is yours.

Thanks.

The balance that counts is the balance on the day you file. The trustee will probably require that you bring in a statement that shows (or can be calculated) the balance on the day you filed.

I filed pro se, so I knew exactly what day I was going to file and I was able to plan my expenses to reduce my bank balance to be almost nothing. I imagine this is a little more stressful with a lawyer, because you are not in control of when they file. Hopefully, they can tell you what day they are filing, then you can plan based on that.

Comment

JoeBankrupt33:

So were you asked to provide the bank statements? Or did you just reduce expenses to be on the safe side?

Thanks
      Filed Chapter 7 4/22/2009
      341 Meeting Scheduled 5/27/2009
      Discharged 7/30/2009
      Awaiting closing!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X