Huge packet of paperwork?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge packet of paperwork?

So we found the lawyer we want to use and they sent us a packet in the mail. The packet is about 40 pages long and it's all "worksheets". Is this normal or should they be filling it out when asking us questions?
    A lot of the areas confuse me and I don't know how to fill some of it out

It is normal for you to fill out the packet. This is the packet we all complain about.....

Just leave the areas blank that you do not understand and tag them so you can ask here or the paralegal all your questions.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

We found that most of the packet didn't apply to us. There were all kinds of special situations in there that we skipped over - "if you operate a family farm, answer these questions, otherwise skip to #47". They have to cover as many possibilities as they can with a one-size-fits-all packet.

Comment

Originally posted by fireworks View Post
        We found that most of the packet didn't apply to us. There were all kinds of special situations in there that we skipped over - "if you operate a family farm, answer these questions, otherwise skip to #47". They have to cover as many possibilities as they can with a one-size-fits-all packet.
        Hehe like the personal aircraft? I saw that and I'm like uhhh, YEAH right..

Comment

When our Attorney handed me the packet I glanced at it & told him I had severe arthritis in my hands & he wouldn't be able to read my handwriting. My husband kind of made a joke & said when I make out a grocery list for him, he has to take it to the pharmacist to decipher (SmartA**LOL!).

His Paralegal spoke up and said he would much rather me use Microsoft Word or a similar software as it would be easier on him (paralegal) as long as I followed the numbering system in the packet.

Luci

Comment

When I got my packet home July, I got so depressed I did not look at it for 4 mos. It was not so bad, I worked on 5 pages a day. It is kind not applicable to most people. I left it blank. Most important was bills.
            chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

It looks more overwhelming that it is. Like others have said, much of it doesn't apply. What does is probably simply a matter of putting what you already have access to in front of you into the packet. I had all of my bills, expenses, bank statements, etc., still in a folder from when we last visited the atty. That's most of what I needed to put in his packet.
              filed chapter 7 BK 4/27/09
              341 meeting 6/4/09
              DISCHARGED!!! 8/5/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X