I feel so much relief and I have hardly started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel so much relief and I have hardly started

I got an appt. this morning with attorney#3. I was going to go at 1:30 today and settle for #2 just to get the ball rolling even though I wasn't thrilled with him.

#3 is a winner. I felt so at ease with him. He looked everything over and said I could do 7. The house although a risk, is a very slight risk and when I showed him pictures and we explained the situation. He said the Trustee's won't want the house. He says, I know the Trustees, I will enclose a letter with the pictures, tell them why you bought the house when you did and he thinks we will be fine.

He said their objective is to get money and the condition of this house they can't get any to clear anything.

He also said they can have it ready to go early next week like Tues. to just let him know when I have my A/R cleared and we can get it filed later next week. He said that if a job is in progress that is ok and we don't have to worry about that.

So anyway I feel the weight of the world has been lifted. I paid him his money and the filing fee and now have an attorney on board. Hopefully in a week or so this will be filed.

I also confirmed with him that he does go to the 341 with me. He didn't take any of my bank or credit card statements or the mass quantities of stuff I had printed off. So of course BF is saying that I didn't need to spend all that time getting it all together. My feeling is though that I am not through this yet and the TT may need it yet.

Now I can enjoy my weekend and relax just a little.
    Filed 5/11/09 Chapter 7
    341 Meeting 6/5/09
    Discharged 8/5/09
    Case Closed 8/6/09

Congrats!! I was so happy when we got the letter confirming that our attorney had filed for us!
    Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
    341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

Yahoo!

Jo:

Yippee!! Yesterday, I was worried about you and had you in my Nightly Prayers.

So glad you like #3 Attorney. Enjoy your weekend.....You deserve it.

Luci

Comment

Wonderful! The right attorney makes all the difference....so glad you found him!
        Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
        Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Glad to hear that #3 was the winner. Having a good bk atty you trust makes the process so much better. It's wonderful to have some peace of mind about your house.
          Ch 7 filed: 3/30
          341: 5/12
          Discharged and Closed 7/20: Now known as- Free Willy

Comment

Thanks everyone, I just hope it is smooth sailing and I am keeping all my paperwork I did nearby just in case. I just need this to be as low key and stress free as possible.

LuciluS... thanks for the prayers, keep them coming they helped!
            Filed 5/11/09 Chapter 7
            341 Meeting 6/5/09
            Discharged 8/5/09
            Case Closed 8/6/09

Comment

Congrats on finding the an attorney you are comfortable with...
              May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
              May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
              May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
              9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X