Anyone reaffirm with Navy Federal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone reaffirm with Navy Federal?

I've read a few post that this credit union can be difficult. Anyone reaffirm with them?

Is their case law that says they can't repo the car if I'm current. I'm in CA.

we had

most of our stuff with NFCU, & USAA Dh has 23 years on submarines we had our checking with NFCU, they did take money out when we were late so we had to close our account.... they have always been really good to him. We did not reaffirm anything with them, I really do not think if you are current they will come and get the car, Don't reaffirm I think so long as you pay you keep.
    B x
    filed Ch 7 Oct 31st 2008.
    341 Dec 10th 2008.
    DiSCHARGED Feb 10th 2009

Comment

B65...Thank you! I know our history hasn't been the best but I do appreciate your advice. I too have most of my debt with Navy and USAA (Marines for 7+ years). I understand the reasons "not" to reaffirm but right now we only owe $11,000 on our vehicle and would really like to keep it.

I guess I should just call them, but I heard they're difficult. I don't want to keep paying on it if Navy is going to repo it. Right now I don't think they'd make any money by taking it back.

Comment

Yes it is a tough call

But the thing is I have not heard of anyone taking a car while someone was current.... So give them a call and see what they say....... It can't hurt right...? have they asked you to reaffirm? I know we had 2 loans with USAA and they did not want us to reaffirm but they said if you pay you keep.
        Good luck with whatever you decide!
        B x
        filed Ch 7 Oct 31st 2008.
        341 Dec 10th 2008.
        DiSCHARGED Feb 10th 2009

Comment

Thanks

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X