No announcement yet.

Bank Account Lien?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am glad I could help. I hope it all works out for you.

I absolutely hate Wells Fargo.

I gave them a piece of my mind yesterday when they wouldn't cash my paycheck drawn on their bank I wanted to cash it and put the cash in my bank account ( at another bank)so that it would post immedately and I could use the funds with my onlne bill pay

They wouldn't do it and had to call corporate, which is on the East Coast and was closed. I had proper ID, was in my work uniform, and the check was less than 500.00! Not a huge risk. Then they tried to persuade me too open an account with them.

I told the teller about what had happened to you, Planetary, and told them I wouldn't open an account with them if they were the last ( expletive) bank on earth.

You know what the supervisor said to the teller, which she must have thought I couldn't hear?

"well, she deserves it for not opening an account with us"

BEEEYAAAATCH!!!

Guess who is getting a nice letter about her conduct sent to WF!

I hope your freeze ends soon and you tell WF where to stick their so called banking services.

Futher Muckers!

Comment

Whoa, Ding Dong! It used to be that a check meant "pay upon demand"...what happened with that concept????

Personally I hate Wells Fargo too - and all of their incarnations (like America's Servicing Co etc) - they are one of the worst bottom feeders....
      Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
      Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Exactly!

They even charge a 7.50 fee to cash my paycheck here in California, which is illegal per California Labor code section 212. It is payable on demand without discount ( the fee). I was worried about my bank account being levied by the IRS while I owed them back taxes, so would just cash my check at the back every once in a while ( I get paid weekly) to keep my bank account balance low and then put money in and pay bills, and then it is low again so no big risk of seizure. Just a little proactive move on my part, I don't owe the IRS much anymore, so it isn't a huge risk, but just in case, I was cashing and depositing.

They are gonna get a nice little lawsuit from me, I have saved all my receipts from when they charged me fees to cash a check. 100 for the first violation, 200 for each subsequent violation. I have about 10,000.00 in damages so far.

I have been working on sticking it to WF for sometime.

I don't even care if I win, I want to be a thorn in WF side. They just continue to screw people!

Comment

I'll chime in about detesting WF too after they altered that check number of ours to cash it. Dirty, dirty bank IMO. Every time I pay our mortgage they ask me if I would like to open a checking account with them. I just give them a look like "yeah right" and walk off.
          Ch 7 filed: 3/30
          341: 5/12
          Discharged and Closed 7/20: Now known as- Free Willy

Comment

I just wonder how long it will be before the large banks like WF, BoA, Citi & etc. buy out all the smaller banks? I think it will happen.

We use a bank who has a few branches in about a 50-75 mile proximity. Never had any problems with them. The even cashed a Corporation Check for me once, which is not legal LOL!

My ex has worked for a large bank for over 36 yrs. My son told me about 2 months ago that his Dad told him to move his checking account as changes were going to be made that might be be disadvantage to his account. I think what Ex might have been referring to was OD charges were going to higher as my son has that occur about every 3 months.

Luci

Comment

Here it is, Thursday and no progress getting my account unfrozen. The money in the account is all included in the California "wild card" portion of the filing so theoretically, there should be no problem, but at this point, who knows.......

I actually talked to my Trustee's secretary this morning and she said he "should" review our BK filing this afternoon. The fact that all the required paperwork has sat on his desk since the end of Monday is not encouraging.

Comment

Have you tried faxing a copy of your schedules to WF legal, showing the exemption amount and stating that they are creating an extreme hardship for you and will be subject to damages?

I wish I could be more help, that really sucks. Why does WF think they can get away with that kind of Big Brother crap and other banks don't do it.

WF needs to lose business over these types of practices. I hope other readers close accounts with WF and move their business to a bank that has a brain and a conscience ( if there are any?)

Comment

Originally posted by dingdong View Post
                  Have you tried faxing a copy of your schedules to WF legal, showing the exemption amount and stating that they are creating an extreme hardship for you and will be subject to damages?

I wish I could be more help, that really sucks. Why does WF think they can get away with that kind of Big Brother crap and other banks don't do it.

WF needs to lose business over these types of practices. I hope other readers close accounts with WF and move their business to a bank that has a brain and a conscience ( if there are any?)
                  I've had several long, heated conversations with Wells Fargo's BK dept and basically, their position is only the Trustee can authorize them to release some or all of the funds in the account. At this time, it's completely in the Trustee's hands.

Comment

Have you asked the Trustee if the BK code requires this of WF or even allows this type of action?

Have you read anything in the terms and conditions of your deposit account that grants WF the right to do this?

I just don't get why they can get away with it, when other banks don't do it?

Unless it is a right granted in the terms and conditions of your deposit account, it just doesn't seem legal.

I wonder if there might be cause for a class action lawsuit, or hell, just sue them in Small claims court for the max, I think the fee for a 7500.00 SC suit in CA is around 100.00. At least you would be causing them some grief and may even get a favorable judgement.

WF isn't a trustee, they have no business holding funds while you are in a BK stay.

Comment

Please keep us updated.
                      chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
                        This is standard practice for Wells Fargo.
                        This tidbit about Wells Fargo has been worth every minute of time I have spent reading these forums. My business and personal checking accounts are there. As I close the business and file personal bk I will certainly keep this in mind.

Thanks!

Comment

planetary, sorry for your troubles and suffering over this.

luckily, we don't have any accounts with WF except our mortgage which we are walking away from.
                          if we did have any accounts with them though, we'd be moving money right now even with the little we have in the bank...it wouldn't sit with them for a minute longer than it would take me to get to a branch!

I hope more people see this thread and pull their money out of WF whether it's $2 or $2,000,000!
                          Ch.7 filed 4/8/09
                          341 5/19/09
                          Ch.7 DISCHARGED 8/9/09!

Comment

Well, it's been a week now and no change.

Account still is frozen. No word this week from the Trustee. Our BK attorney says to not "bother" the trustee. As I noted around Wednesday, when I talked on the phone with the Trustee's office, I was told that he'd "review" our case paperwork that afternoon and we wouldn't hear back until he'd made any kind of decision to either continue the lien or release any or all the funds.

It's simply unfathomable that this Trustee who has been made aware of our situation including our son's condition as well as our entire financial condition doesn't move on this. My gut feeling is the Trustee is stalling until our BK hearing in early June when he can actually seize and pay out the money to creditors (it's all unsecured credit card debt).

Meanwhile, we're down to cashing our weekly $450 unemployment check which is our sole source of money right now at a liquor store (and paying a fee to do so) and wondering how we'll pay our mortgage, utilities, food etc totaling about $5,000 a month.

Chapter 7 = "Fresh Start" indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Planetary View Post
                              Account still is frozen. No word this week from the Trustee. Our BK attorney says to not "bother" the trustee. As I noted around Wednesday, when I talked on the phone with the Trustee's office, I was told that he'd "review" our case paperwork that afternoon and we wouldn't hear back until he'd made any kind of decision to either continue the lien or release any or all the funds....
                              I thought your attorney had listed those bank funds as exempt on your petition. The Trustee can not take exempted funds from your account, only the amount that is more than the exempted funds.

Is your attorney a Trustee too? I don't understand his reasoning about not "bothering" the Trustee. I can tell you, I would be sitting ON the attorney's desk until those funds were released.
                              Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                              Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by Planetary View Post

It's simply unfathomable that this Trustee who has been made aware of our situation including our son's condition as well as our entire financial condition doesn't move on this. My gut feeling is the Trustee is stalling until our BK hearing in early June when he can actually seize and pay out the money to creditors (it's all unsecured credit card debt).

I sorry you must go through this. Over the last few months I have come to the conclusion that Wells Fargo has no heart. This case just reinforces that belief.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X