Breaking up with boyfriend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking up with boyfriend

I'm planning to file a chapter 7. I have been reading alot on this forum and it has helped me so much with so many of my questions.
    Still I have a couple questions...

I currently live in a house with my boyfriend, it's a rental, we are both on the lease. Once I move out into an apartment of my own, I will fall below the median on the means test.
    Does anyone know if I need to live on my own for a certain period of time before I can file? Or would I be able to file right away?
    And also I'm wondering if it would be a problem if my name remained on the lease for the house for a few more months until the lease is up and he moves out into his own rental house, or would I need to have my name removed off of that lease in order to file.
    Thanks in advance to anyone who may know the answer.

You would add the lease to your BK petition so the landlord can not come after you for any residual that may not be paid if you move out early.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

I would definately go see attorney for free visit. Being below medium may require no further test. I would probably would wait to file if you could until set up in new place.
      chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X