getting nervous 341 meeting tomorrow at 10am and i cant sleep ft. wayne in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting nervous 341 meeting tomorrow at 10am and i cant sleep ft. wayne in

hey anyone from IN go to their 341 meeting yet.
    need some advice, my attorney asst. calls me up as a reminder for my
    hearing tomorrow. like i would forget she tells me to dress nice, where, when...etc and then she tells me something about bringing banks statements.....i was like ok. got off the phone and started to get super nervous.

i googled some things and found out that in IN you cant have more the 300$
    in your bank acct. im sad my attorney never told me about this.
    now im really nervous

hope everything goes well

Good luck tomorrow, and remember it is almost over! Tomorrow night at this time you will be sleeping like a baby! let us know how it goes!

I know you need to be concerned about how much is in the bank on the day you file, but are you sure the same is true of the day of 341 meeting?

Comment

I just noticed that you joined this forum in nov 07 and you are just having 341 tomorrow?

Comment

How can they limit you to having only $300 in your account the day your file or on the day of your hearing? How are you suppose to pay rent, utilities, etc?

Comment

The limit would be day of filing not what's i there after filing.

Good Luck though
          May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
          July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
          September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by eddiep View Post
            I just noticed that you joined this forum in nov 07 and you are just having 341 tomorrow?

yeah i joined in nov 07. talked with an attorney in dec 07,
            i paid my attorney in full in like oct 08.
            my attorney didnt file until 4-6-09 b/c he want me to recieve my 08 tx return and spend it. i got 1200 back, and the day i filed i had 340.00 0r 370.00 in the bank.
            i wish my attorney would of told me about this.

it took me forever to file b/c i found out i didnt file my 06 state tx.
            and trying to get copies of my w2 took longer thn i expected.

just woke up and still nervous.

Comment

You are probably safe with the $40 or $70 extra. It is unlikely the Trustee will ask for those funds at all. It would cost more to administer the BK estate than its worth! Get to the meeting a little early so you can 'relax' as much as possible and not feel rushed.
              Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
              Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Good luck....that's not much over $300 so you are probably going to be fine.

Just in case you can explain that a check didn't clear or something for bills.
                Filed Chapter 7 4/22/2009
                341 Meeting Scheduled 5/27/2009
                Discharged 7/30/2009
                Awaiting closing!!!!

Comment

Good Luck to you! I'm sure you will be fine!
                  4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                  5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                  7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                  7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

DO not worry about the little bit that you are over. The trustee probably won't even mention it. How would they not know that one of you utilities checks hasn't cleared yet.

As far as the 341, believe me you will probably come out of it and say, BOY that was nothing..... Mine was a problem from the first 2 weeks after we filed and our 341 was a breeze. Lasted only a few minutes......

Goodluck. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Ft. Wayne here also. We are getting ready to turn in our paper work. So glad to hear about you going. Not happy your going thru this but happy to hear I am not the only one in this city. My attorney said the 341 is fine. Trustees are great. Well he said they are all very nice other than one woman and then he said what ever happens you don't want this woman. Then he laughed and told us it was his law partner. So I think it was a joke.. it made me feel alot better that he knew the trustee this well. He also told me he had never seen a creditor show up. 1 because they don't have enough time right now and 2 because he would not allow us to file something that would not go thru. Which also made alot of sense to me too. I am sure it will be fine. I was told no worries if you have done nothing wrong and his (my attorneys) job is to be sure nothing is wrong. Let me know how it all works out. Good luck.

Comment

Don't worry about something that is out of your control. Take a deep breath and you will do just fine. Let us know how you made out and good luck to you.

Comment

Just got back from my 341 an hour ago - hopefully yours went well! I also didn't sleep last night - hoping tonight I'll get my first good rest in a long time!
                          Chapter 7 filed 3/31/2009
                          341 Meeting 5/6/2009
                          Discharged! 7/9/2009

Comment

alright guys..

i had my 341 meeting yesterday. i show up like 30mins earlier. i pictured it to be like a one-on-one thing,but to my suprise there were like 20 people in this room and they call you up to answer some questions, so i got see how it all worked before i was called up. after a few mins i felt better.

i got done in like 2 mins, showed my id and soc sec card and gave her my bank statement. the lady was really nice. i felt nervous with everyone waching me but it was done quick.

it went very well my attorney ask me if i took the after bk class i said "no"
                            well you have to get that done or it wont be discharged.

so next week i'll be doing that.

thanks everyone for the support this forum has been very helpful.
                            good luck with everyone with bk process its a stressful time of not knowing but soon it will be done

Comment

I'd get the class done right away no need to wait til next week, you can easily get it done in just a few short hours (max like 2) if I remember right.

I'm glad it went well
                              May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                              July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                              September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X