Finally Filed!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Filed!!!

YIPPEEEE!!! After signing my petition 2 months ago and the lawyers office telling me "next week" for 2 months, its finally filed!!! I called them yesterday and left a heartfelt desperate plea on the voicemail to find out when it would be filed...of course I got no response, so today I just went to the office and sat there for 10 minutes until he came out and said "you will be filed today" that was it!! Didn't even give me a chance to suggest if they are so backed up perhaps they hire someone who returns phone calls only!!! but what a RELIEF to finally get this party started!!!
    Filed CH 7 05/06/09
    341 06/12/09
    Last day for objections 08/11/09
    Discharged and CLOSED!! 08/28/09

Yeah you! I knew if you went in there you would get some results! They don't want you sitting there in protest after all.
    "I broke, I broke, it's off to Chapter 7 I go"
    http://queenfluff.blogs.experienceproject.com/
    1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

Comment

Yes... I should of went earlier! I just didn't want to be that "oh no, here she comes" client. I mean, I shouldn't have to go to their office for them to do what they say they were gonna do.

Either way...I don't care...I am just thrilled its started!
      Filed CH 7 05/06/09
      341 06/12/09
      Last day for objections 08/11/09
      Discharged and CLOSED!! 08/28/09

Comment

Who cares what they think. You paid your money, they should hold their end of the bargain -so of speak. You have a right to bug them to death. It's the law of the world.
        "I broke, I broke, it's off to Chapter 7 I go"
        http://queenfluff.blogs.experienceproject.com/
        1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

Comment

You will probably have to update some of the paperwork that was filed.
          I'm sure your Attorney or the Trustee will let you know which ones need to be updated before your 341 meeting.

I know the 'look back period for income' is 6 mths from the previous month of filing. If your filing was today, then your lookback period is approximately 12-6/08-4/6/09. So you will need to gather up your pay stubs.

I've read where a lot of people have turned their Bankruptcy paperwork in to their Attorney & it is taking longer than a month for filing. We are not filing until 9/30/09 as we need to let some income drop off. However, I've got some questions that need answered, so will call & set up appt. with Attorney in July & one of my questions will be how long it will take him to file.

Congrats on finally getting your Bankruptcy filed!

Luci

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X