New checking account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New checking account

My hubby and I have had a Wells Fargo business checking account for 18 years but since we are going to include a Wells Fargo cc in our bk we ran over to US Bank (no debt with them) and opened a new business account. They did pull our credit and even pre-approved us for a 10K business cc! We almost laughed out loud. What I'm wondering is if we'll have problems with US bank once we file? Will they freeze our account or close it because our credit will no longer be good?

I haven't ever heard of a bank closing your deposit accounts. You should be just fine since you don't owe them any money.

Comment

Nah, you should be just fine. They will not even know unless they pull a credit report on there own and they would have no reason to just randomly pull one. Your good.

Comment

Thanks you guys. It's been so long since we opened a checking account that I didn't even realize they pull credit reports till we talked to US Bank. I wonder how people open accounts if they have bad credit.

Comment

I just opened an account with a credit union just to be safe and am going to have my money go to them from now on.
          Retained attorney 4/14/09
          Filed 5/29/09 :yahoo:
          341 meeting 7/8/09 DONE! :yahoo::yes2:
          DISCHARGED!!!!!!! 10/16/09 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

We opened the account with the minimum deposit but we can't really start using it until we get new business checks in a week or 2. In the meantime we're still using Wells Fargo but we're not filing for awhile so it should be OK. Do credit unions pull your credit report too?

Comment

Not sure.
              Retained attorney 4/14/09
              Filed 5/29/09 :yahoo:
              341 meeting 7/8/09 DONE! :yahoo::yes2:
              DISCHARGED!!!!!!! 10/16/09 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Some banks do soft pulls on your credit and some do hard pulls. You should be able to ask them and they will tell you. It was more than likely that it was mentioned on the bank paperwork that you signed. Call them and ask.
                Southern District of Florida
                Filed Ch 7 - 8/6/09 341 - 9/14/09
                Report of No Distribution - 9/18/09
                DISCHARGE ! 11/23/09 Closed 12/8/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X