My 341 is MONDAY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 341 is MONDAY!

Ok does anyone have the post or questions that are normally asked at the meeting?

Has anyone ever been asked anything then the norm? We spent our tax refund, did anyone else? Were you asked to show receipts of how it was spent? It seems odd to have an envelope at the 341 of receipts you spent it on. I guess its fine as long as it wasn't anything unneeded. But it seems odd you planned it so much you have all the receipts together.

Did they ask you how you determined you property values? For vehicles, did you have to tell them which site you used? The PL did it and I don't remember the exact site.

Oh if the TT wanted to have our PP appraised would they have told us by now? Or is that done at the 341?

I know they say to just take your SS card and DL. But don't we need to take more? I think they said we need to bring paystubs from the day we filed to present. Does the TT usually contact you if they need more then was given to them when you filed?

I'm sure I won't sleep well Sunday night and the hour car ride will be very long.
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Our 341 and Chapter 7 were no assets so we did not have questions that you are expecting.
    Here is my post of what they ask us~

http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.php?t=38293

There are other posts in the stickys about this too that you can read.

Yes, we spent our tax refund but it was not much before we filed. Nothing even came up about it.
    Most sites such as Kelley Blue Book and Edmonds are phonies to start with and the values are not even realistic.
    Check with a bank or credit union about values and they still will most likely be off today. The market on cars and such is a free for all right now and cash talks.
    Your SS and DL is all you need at the 341 unless the Trustee asks for more.
    You should have or will have sent your package to your trustee some 10-15 days before your 341 as your package stated from the trustee when you got your schedule, assuming you have it.
    Relax, the 341 is pretty simple!

Comment

Thanks, our attorney said we are a no asset case. But doesn't the TT in the end decide if you are or not?
      I just want to make sure we have any papers we might need if they ask.

When does the TT ask for more papers? Do thye send something before the meeting or ask at the meeting? I'm just hoping it doesn't get extended.
      I did send 2 things asked for to the TT. I'm just hoping not to have any "suprises" at the meeting needing more info. When we could have supplied it before hand.

Comment

Yes, usually about 5-10 days or so after you file you get a packet in the mail from the Trustee.
        He will instruct you on what to send and as stated it must be there within his time frames, ours wanted it 15 days before the hearing so he could review it.
        Our attorney determined value on our car. I am not sure where he got it.
        They must have a pretty reliable source.

Comment

Originally posted by kenshirley View Post
          Yes, usually about 5-10 days or so after you file you get a packet in the mail from the Trustee.
          He will instruct you on what to send and as stated it must be there within his time frames, ours wanted it 15 days before the hearing so he could review it.
          Our attorney determined value on our car. I am not sure where he got it.
          They must have a pretty reliable source.
          See we got the TT info from out attorney with the 341 date. So I assume nothing else is needed but the 2 things they mentioned that pertained to our case.

Comment

Sending good vibes your way for your 341...

You'll be fine, don't stress too much. It will be over before you know it!
            May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
            May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
            May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
            9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by liz417 View Post
              Sending good vibes your way for your 341...

You'll be fine, don't stress too much. It will be over before you know it!
              I hope so!

Comment

Your attorney will tell you if you need anything, otherwise just relax it will quick and pain less.. Do not stress. I never got anything , just told to bring my dr lic and ss card by my paralegal at attorney office. Most people worry and stress for nothing.
                chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

What about income/paystubs? Mine has increased a bit. (we were negative on the budget, still under median)We are keeping the house. Will they want current paystubs?

OK I found it in the paperwork. It says... You should also take pay stubs and receipts for expenses paid since we filed. Has anyone ever been asked for these? We tried to keep money out of our checking bcause threats of freezing our accounts.

Comment

I got a $900 refund right before filing (which went to the attorney). I wasn't even asked about my refund or what I did with it at the $341.
                    The people who had the biggest problem at the 341 were those who didn't supply their 2008 tax return or who were clearly trying to hide money.
                    Several people didn't even show! I can't imagine. I just wanted mine over with - I certainly wouldn't drag it out!

Comment

Originally posted by jojo View Post
                      I got a $900 refund right before filing (which went to the attorney). I wasn't even asked about my refund or what I did with it at the $341.
                      The people who had the biggest problem at the 341 were those who didn't supply their 2008 tax return or who were clearly trying to hide money.
                      Several people didn't even show! I can't imagine. I just wanted mine over with - I certainly wouldn't drag it out!

I think the worst thing is each case being different. You just don't know what the TT will ask. My attorney e-mailed the TT our 2008 TR. So all should be good. I to worry about them questioning the amountsa we put down for personal property. Ya just never know how picky or how they think.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X