We survived the 341 meeting!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We survived the 341 meeting!!

Ok first we almost hit a deer on the way there. LOL Or should dh, as he was driving. We got there in plenty of time but took a bit to find the right courts.

Our lawyer wasn't showing up. So then this guy comes over and says he is standing in for him.

I think they were running abit behind with the 10am group. We get in there and there were 3 couples(including us) . We were last.

They asked us the basic questions and the only thing they asked us was the fact our property tax showed our home being worth more then what we exempted or had listed. So we tell them we got an appraisal(which was done in Dec)and showed it to him. He flipped through it. Said ok were done.

Wow I was expecting more questions about our tax refunds or something. But ours was painless.

The other couple was questioned about 2 mutal funds they had for the kids. Each had $2000 in them. They also questioned the 2 4-wheelers. Which I think they owed more then they were worth. One of them had land someone was buying from them they questioned and had to amend to fix they way it was put in.

So what happens the next 60 days or until discharge? The stand in attorney said to get the post counseling done within 48 hours and we could get discharged in a month or 2.

Oh no creditors showed up for anyone either. We were in an actual court room and we both awnsered the questions asked.
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Momof3b1g, congrats on that smooth meeting. Ours is coming up soon. Can you tell me (if I am not being too personal) if you had cc creditors and who they were ? Amex seems to be hard pressed to get the money we owe them and are not listening as I have told them that DH filed chpt. 7. I hope they don't try to come after me. DH had them remove me as an authorized user but they refused and I am self-employed and couldn't pay the debt right now anyway.

Hearts

Comment

Congratulations! We haven't even filed yet and I'm scared about the 341. It must feel so good to have that over with. The other people you mentioned sound like us.

The other couple was questioned about 2 mutal funds they had for the kids. Each had $2000 in them. They also questioned the 2 4-wheelers. Which I think they owed more then they were worth. One of them had land someone was buying from them they questioned and had to amend to fix they way it was put in.

We also have some small custodial accounts for our kids education and 2 dirtbikes that we owe more than they're worth. We want to keep paying on them and keep them though. I know it sounds silly but they're extremely important to our son. Did the trustee give them a hard time?

Comment

Originally posted by nodough View Post
        Congratulations! We haven't even filed yet and I'm scared about the 341. It must feel so good to have that over with. The other people you mentioned sound like us.

We also have some small custodial accounts for our kids education and 2 dirtbikes that we owe more than they're worth. We want to keep paying on them and keep them though. I know it sounds silly but they're extremely important to our son. Did the trustee give them a hard time?
        He didn't give them a hard time. Just asked about them. Not sure if they will do anything about them later. They were still paying on them. Didn't here wether they will keep them or what. He was nice just asking questions. I'm thinking they will decide more after the meeting. The meetings seem more informational.

Comment

Originally posted by myhearts07 View Post
          Momof3b1g, congrats on that smooth meeting. Ours is coming up soon. Can you tell me (if I am not being too personal) if you had cc creditors and who they were ? Amex seems to be hard pressed to get the money we owe them and are not listening as I have told them that DH filed chpt. 7. I hope they don't try to come after me. DH had them remove me as an authorized user but they refused and I am self-employed and couldn't pay the debt right now anyway.

Hearts
          No creditiors showed up for us or anyone in the room. We had mostly store cc's. We have never had AX so can't help you there. But that sucks. I think they can go after you if your name is on it? NO?

Comment

Thanks. That's good to know. I know I'll still be stressed but it helps to hear about other people in the same situation.

Comment

Momof3,

Thats okay. I didn't sign any paperwork for the card, so I think that I can contest that with the credit bureaus.

I wonder why we are so afraid of this 341 meeting? I can feel the nausea and its a month away.>.

Comment

Originally posted by momof3b1g View Post

Ok first we almost hit a deer on the way there. LOL Or should dh, as he was driving. We got there in plenty of time but took a bit to find the right courts.

Our lawyer wasn't showing up. So then this guy comes over and says he is standing in for him.

I think they were running abit behind with the 10am group. We get in there and there were 3 couples(including us) . We were last.

They asked us the basic questions and the only thing they asked us was the fact our property tax showed our home being worth more then what we exempted or had listed. So we tell them we got an appraisal(which was done in Dec)and showed it to him. He flipped through it. Said ok were done.

Wow I was expecting more questions about our tax refunds or something. But ours was painless.

So what happens the next 60 days or until discharge? The stand in attorney said to get the post counseling done within 48 hours and we could get discharged in a month or 2.

Oh no creditors showed up for anyone either. We were in an actual court room and we both awnsered the questions asked.
                So glad to here everything went smoothly. You are now in the 60 day club. If everything goes as planned you should discharge after 60 days not 30 as you were told. Its never 30 days, always 60 +It depends how busy your district is. Some take alittle bit longer to discharge.

Goodluck.

Comment

When I went, there was a couple that had a bunch of horse trailers and they were given the option to put them up for auction or they could buy them back.

Comment

Originally posted by jojo View Post
                    When I went, there was a couple that had a bunch of horse trailers and they were given the option to put them up for auction or they could buy them back.
                    Thats good to know. I wondered seeing nothing else was mentioned. We are good to go and they will not come back and ask us to buy anything back.

Didn't someone on here get discharge before 60 days? I thought i had seen people who it had been less then 60 days from the 341 and had been discharged.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X