180 after ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

180 after ...

I took my counseling class more then 180 days ago, I did not realize it was so long ago (8 instead of 6 months ago) do i need to retake the class or can i still use the certificate?
    Here goes nothing..
    Filling again... 11/8/10

You will have to retake the class. Call the place you used for the counseling, maybe they can update your information with any changes and reissue you a certificate.

Comment

Look on your certificate -- does it have an expiration date? Mine didn't either.

Here's what you can do: Go ahead and file it with your voluntary petition, you should be fine. If for some strange reason anyone wonders about it (why would they -- it's not like you forgot what the class taught you) then you can just get an updated certificate and file it as an amendment.

Good luck.

Comment

Why take a risk when the consequences are so dire?

Comment

The certificate won't have an expiration date but it will have a date of issue. The courts aren't stupid. Get a new certificate, it is not that hard. The credit counseling must be completed within 180 days of fililng, just do it.

Comment

Our's will expire also. I would NEVER take a chance on using the old one. We will take the silly course again.

OP could have his/her case dismissed for using an expired Certificate.

Luci

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X