Your Credit Report after filing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Credit Report after filing?

I decided to pull up our CR and see what it looks like now. I noticed some creditors have listed the debt as Included in bk and under account history it says discharged on with a date. So I'm assuming they are not objecting anything and are discharging the debt?
    Others have petition for ch7 bk. Then the account history filed for ch7 bk on(date) Do you think those creditors will object? Or are they waiting till the bk is officially discharged to mark it as that?
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Anyone?

Comment

Different creditors and CRAs mark the accounts in slightly different ways.
      They typically mark the debt/TL IIB fairly soon after filing. Some take longer than others.

How they mark the TL doesn't have anything to do with whether they can/will object or not.

I still have a couple that haven't been updated IIB, and I was discharged in 3/09 with no objections.

Just depends on most likely internal creditor procedures and probably more with the human influence (whether your filing got to the correct dept and someone updated it IIB)

Comment

Originally posted by dingdong View Post
        Different creditors and CRAs mark the accounts in slightly different ways.
        They typically mark the debt/TL IIB fairly soon after filing. Some take longer than others.

How they mark the TL doesn't have anything to do with whether they can/will object or not.

I still have a couple that haven't been updated IIB, and I was discharged in 3/09 with no objections.

Just depends on most likely internal creditor procedures and probably more with the human influence (whether your filing got to the correct dept and someone updated it IIB)
        It was all on the same CR. But it just seem odd for them to list it as discharged if the debt would be fought and maybe undischarged if they won.
        It would make more sense to mark it included in BK. Then discharded after the case is infact discharged.

Comment

Probably do it that way so they don't have to update twice.

Comment

On credit reports, does Bankruptcy show up only in the form of creditor-by-creditor as "IIB", or is there also some huge "Filed Bankruptcy on mm/dd/yy"-on the report somewhere also? And does IIB apply to CA listings also or just original creditors? Trying to get an idea of what to expect after the filing...

My wife has no creditors to include if we file jointly, so there definitely wouldn't be any IIBs, so would it be detrimental to her credit as well?
            Filed Joint, No Asset, > $100,000 Unsecured Ch.7 6/7/13 ~~ 341 Meeting 7/15/13 ~~ Discharged 9/16/13 !!

Comment

There's a public record section that shows that you filed and when and what chapter and your case number.

All our accounts show included in Ch 7 bankruptcy.

There's only one listed in collections. It seems they haven't figured out yet that we were discharged and they are out of luck.
              4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
              5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
              7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
              7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X