top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After discharge we need to send copy of creditors to 3 credit bureau?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After discharge we need to send copy of creditors to 3 credit bureau?

OK so we were already discharged and we got this thing in the mail from our lawyer that we need to send a copy of our discharge to Equifax, TransUnion and Experian along with the list of creditors included in the bk filing for them to update our records?? I do not understand this. I thought the moment we got discharge, the court has send out a notice of our discharge to all these creditors included in the filing. Needless to say I send them copies and last Saturday Experian and Equifax send us a letter stating they couldnt process our request to update because we didnt provide them with necessary info like ssn, photocopies of driver's license, billing statements and other documents to establish our identity. I am really bothered and stressed out! IS there a need to do this? If so am going to respond to these credit companies and send them what they requested? Please help, thank you so much.
    Filed: Jan 6, 2009
    341 Meeting : Feb 10, 2009 ***ALL WENT WELL***
    April 20, 2009 - DISCHARGE
    April 24, 2009 - CLOSED

LOL Take long deep breathes MikeyMa!

I do not know much about BK's but I know alot about credit reporting so here is the deal.

You do not have to do this. However, by doing it and jumping through the hoops the Credit Agencies are going to throw at you, sets the groundwork for any lawsuits that may be required later.

The important thing to remember is that the Credit Agencies get paid for having negative information about you, not for having accurate information. Thus if several of your accounts are reporting incorrectly the CRA's can claim that they are reporting exactly what is given to them. However if you document where the CRA's were notified of the correct information and they still report it incorrectly, they can be held liable. $$$$$$$

Your lawyer cannot send it in for you, you must do it yourself.
    Filed 5/27/09
    341 7/2/09
    341 held
    Discharge and closed 9/4/09

Comment

Thanks for the reply Rick! So do you think I would give them what they wanted and send it in anyway? I will be calling my lawyer tomorrow but I wanted to make sure it is nothing i have to worry about. Thanks again. Your explanation makes sense.
      Filed: Jan 6, 2009
      341 Meeting : Feb 10, 2009 ***ALL WENT WELL***
      April 20, 2009 - DISCHARGE
      April 24, 2009 - CLOSED

Comment

Originally posted by mikeymae View Post
        Thanks for the reply Rick! So do you think I would give them what they wanted and send it in anyway? I will be calling my lawyer tomorrow but I wanted to make sure it is nothing i have to worry about. Thanks again. Your explanation makes sense.
        IMHO if you feel like doing it, then do it. I would and hopefully will be doing it sometime in the future. It just seems to be a way to start your recovery from BK off right.

One of the biggest complaints I have seen is accounts being reported incorrectly up to 2-3 years after BK. It is a problem and doing this may help.
        Filed 5/27/09
        341 7/2/09
        341 held
        Discharge and closed 9/4/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X