Tomorrow's the day...341...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow's the day...341...

I must admit, I'm a nervous wreck today and can only imagine how I'll be tomorrow.
    I've been trying to keep it off my mind but just can't seem to.

Our 341 is scheduled for 1:00 and I had planned on working 1/2 day until 11:00 then head straight to the 341. There's no way I'll pull that off considering my current emotional state...going to have to use a sick day.
    Ch.7 filed 4/8/09
    341 5/19/09
    Ch.7 DISCHARGED 8/9/09!

roozterdvx take a deep breath and relax. Try to save that day to celebrate when you have an occasion to enjoy it. You don't need to take a sick day tomorrow. It will be so painless and quick you will be amazed. I was in your shoes last week. I was almost ill worrying. I had a complicated case that could have been one of those nightmare stories we read about on this site yet even I sailed through in about six minutes. It took longer to find a parking place than it did to answer the trustee's questions. I wish you luck tomorrow.
    Ch 7 filed: 3/30
    341: 5/12
    Discharged and Closed 7/20: Now known as- Free Willy

Comment

Relax mine was Friday may 15.piece of cake. My only complaint was parking, glad I got there early. It went so well me and the wife went to a movie our first in a long time.

Comment

I know you're nervous and there is nothing I can say that will make you feel better. We had our meeting on Friday and I was a nervous wreck. I thought I was going to have a panic attack walking into the building. I can honestly tell you that it went very smoothly. The trustee was very nice even compassionate. We were a tricky case, over the income, rental property, side business, etc. And we had not problems.

Tomorrow afternoon this will be all behind you and you'll be on your way to a new start. Good luck and please post and ket us know how you made out. You will be fine!!!!!
        Chapter 7
        Petition Filed: 3/24/09
        341 Meeting: 5/15/09
        DISCHARGED!!!! 7/20/09

Comment

not as i expected. no problems at all. went very smooth. only ones i saw with problems had all been continued from an eariler date. good luck

Comment

Generally what sort of questions does the trustee ask?

Comment

my chapter 7, no asset 341 questions(in Los Angeles) where as follows..."is the s.s# you filed under the same as you where originally issued", "any changes to the tax returns you sent me and are they factual", "do you have any lawsuits against you", "are you owed money from any lawsuits you have filed", "do you have any other income to report other than what you stated when you filed", "do you expect to inherit any money or property in the next 2 years", that was about it other than swearing me in and stating my name and address. some of the others i heard were asked about housing values and reaffirmations, some that had very large tax refunds had some follow up questions asked. any tax return received after filing was then asked many questions. then i saw a bunch of people back for their second and third time for problems, and the trustee got pissed at that point as they took time and the lawyers sucked(felt sorry for the people), lots of lame excuses. thats when he told one guy he had to go to the back of the line, to be the last one of the day, as he forgot some paperwork, poor guy was beet red and slinked to the back to wait(it was only about 3pm, and they where still on the 2pm appts., last one at 4:30pm, he had a long time to fill out that paperwork!). most lasted less than 5 minutes, which made the Trustee very happy, he would say, "thats how its supposed to go". thank goodness us Pro Se filers where all at the end of the day, all went very quick, and the Trustee got into a better mood, taking less time and asking fewer questions, so by the time it was my turn, he was in a good mood, even joking with some. they are open to the public, so you can always go sit in some day prior, as long as you know they are meeting that day.

Comment

just remembered one more question, "are there any mistakes or changes you would like to make at this time".

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X