Signed my ch 7 papers today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signed my ch 7 papers today....

I am so nervous. I have been reading this board religiously since December. I signed my papers today. We are borderline on Ch 7 due to income. We waited as long as possible for a extra paycheck to drop off and some items that we sold on ebay. We are over median but we have a 1500.00 mortgage that helped. We listed things that the paralegal said most people forget about such as vet care and pet food, extra cirricular activities for the kids, added insurance cost when 16 year old dd gets her driver's license next month, haircuts and other personal care items. I am suprised that so many people don't list that stuff. I know everyone on here is smart enough to do that. I am just ready for this to be over with!
    "Don't let your wants overload your a**"
    (author unknown)

I hear you.... I want this over so badly. I just filed a week ago today, Chapter 7. So I am hoping by the end of summer this nightmare is over and life will begin again.

We will probably be in the 60 day club together.
    Filed 5/11/09 Chapter 7
    341 Meeting 6/5/09
    Discharged 8/5/09
    Case Closed 8/6/09

Comment

Waiting for news of another surgery, then I hope to join that mythical 60 day club.

We are also over the median, but have a 4k mortgage payment, 2k per month in medical, and 2k per month in utilities and maintenance (WAY too much house!).

Good luck in all of it, and hope to see you there soon!
      11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
      12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
      3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by deadbroke99 View Post
        We waited as long as possible for a extra paycheck to drop off and some items that we sold on ebay.
        What district in are you in? The reason I ask is that selling things on EBAY isn't usually considered "income" since you usually sell it at a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by chad9162 View Post
          What district in are you in? The reason I ask is that selling things on EBAY isn't usually considered "income" since you usually sell it at a loss.
          I am in South Carolina, not sure of district. Upstate SC?
          (author unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by deadbroke99 View Post
            I am so nervous. I have been reading this board religiously since December. I signed my papers today. We are borderline on Ch 7 due to income. We waited as long as possible for a extra paycheck to drop off and some items that we sold on ebay. We are over median but we have a 1500.00 mortgage that helped. We listed things that the paralegal said most people forget about such as vet care and pet food, extra cirricular activities for the kids, added insurance cost when 16 year old dd gets her driver's license next month, haircuts and other personal care items. I am suprised that so many people don't list that stuff. I know everyone on here is smart enough to do that. I am just ready for this to be over with!
            Guess i'm not smart enough. Mine just started driving and I assumed you could only include operating costs for 2 drivers. Did you take this insurance deduction in addition the IRS standard for auto operating costs ??
            Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
              Guess i'm not smart enough. Mine just started driving and I assumed you could only include operating costs for 2 drivers. Did you take this insurance deduction in addition the IRS standard for auto operating costs ??
              The lawyer said you can include increases that your going to have in the next year if they are significant. I don't know how or where they put it.I don't have a copy of my papers yet.
              (author unknown)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X