Made it through our 341 this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made it through our 341 this morning

Thank God we made it through our 341 meeting today .Lasted about maybe 10 minutes not bad. I do have to say our was great but the greatest thing was this forum. It really doesn't matter the price you pay for an attorney the most important thing you can do is educate yourself as much as you can. Have questions written down & ready to ask when you interview attorneys. Our attorney to file for ch7 was $599.00 I was concerned a little in the beginning because his price was so much cheaper than most in our area but he did a great job working for us. Today at the 341 we witnessed a (in our opinion) very disorganized unprofessional attorney. His poor clients (2 that we saw) he had forgotten certain paper work the way he answered the trustee was rude & very very unprofessional. As he walked back with his clients out loud he said to the "that trustee is an A**" that was not the case he was the A** A young couple in front of us was shakin their head & looking down. The husband told us that was his attorney. So I just looked up his website & he charges between $1200-$1500 to file ch7 & stays "if you pay less you are more than likely getting an attorney that is just out of law school. He looked young to us our attorney who charges low flat fees has been a bk attorney since 1993. So the price that you pay doesn't always mean "you get what you pay for"
    Thank you all so much for all the information I have received on this forum.
    Chapter 7 filed 04/02/2009
    341 Meeting 05/19/2009
    60 day club awaiting discharge

Glad yours went well, and yes its always important to look around and investigate your attorney before hiring, the higher the fees doesn't always equate to the better the lawyer. See that claim of his is just marketing meant to make folks feel he is worth the higher price.
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

First, congratulations on the 341!

I paid about the same for our attorney. I kept finding little mistakes. I even found on pacer how they submitted someone else's paper work with our on accident. This forum helped immensely. The wife was getting frustrated. I said we got what we paid for. I guess everyone should still remember it's our signature on the paper work. We are ultimately responsible. I also believe doing your research and asking the tuff questions makes your attorney feel more accountable. i.e. my attorneys office freaked when I called them to tell them I had been monitoring my case on PACER. They said we didn't know you could do that.. DUH... they should have kept me in the loop more. LOL

Comment

Yeah my lawyer's paralegal also was a bit surprised when I mentioned back during my case I was keeping up with most matters on PACER. . Since most Americans don't do that it surprises them that some of us do .
        May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
        July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
        September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Yeah, my attorneys office still has not called me to tell me my case is closed. However, Pacer says it is. Cheap attorney.. LOL

Comment

What is PACER?

Sorry,
            Very much new to the forum. Can someone explain what PACER is?

Comment

Sorry, but what is PACER?

Comment

Here is a brief of "what is Pacer". It also has a link that tells how to use Pacer in the article. It's a Michigan blog and it shows screen shots etc. Hope this helps

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X