No announcement yet.

Anyone else discharge their cell phone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn the phones off. It's that simple or you are going to be responsible for charges after filing I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by kenshirley View Post
      Turn the phones off. It's that simple or you are going to be responsible for charges after filing I would think.
      Thanks! I am doing just that now!

I was paid current until May 8 and the according to my lawyer the phone should have gotten disconnected like May 15. So I would have only had like a week there that I would have been using it and not paid. So I wasn't too worried about a call or two during that week. But like I said I rarely use it - my bf gave his friends the number because he has no cell phone and they call him on there. I told him to stop doing that and have them call the landline (which isn't mine).

Well, at least now I get to activate my new prepaid. I am happy about that because I got the phone for like $20 off of craiglist - never used and unlocked. It is cute and my favorite color - red. Actually it is a bit nicer than my current cell phone and has better ring volume. I was looking forward to activating it but was waiting for my old phone to get disconnected to do it.
      "I broke, I broke, it's off to Chapter 7 I go"
      http://queenfluff.blogs.experienceproject.com/
      1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

Comment

When I worked at Verizon Bankruptcy we closed out the account for records only and created a new postpetition bill eff with the file date. The new bill would go to colleciton agency if not paid since it is after file date. ( If they were a bad ck writer we would send a new deposit letter ) If they do not close their account it stays open until post petition charges become delinquent. That was 10 yrs ago when I worked. Most people
        kept paying their bills and did not include in bankruptcy because they thought that they would have to pay deposit. Which by law they can collect if they want to.
        chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X