Pick one guys help me out here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pick one guys help me out here

My 341 is tomorrow. All I have is jeans, boots and a shirt- Not a button down, collar shirt just a T shirt or some black silky looking dress pants with a silky looking shirt and black high heels.

I never buy myself anything and we had a baby right before we filed so I was in between sizes. As I've lost weight I still haven't replaced my clothing.

So which is it? I feel like one is too casual and the other is maybe too dressy.

Thoughts?
    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

How about the silky shirt with the jeans. If the jeans are not overly worn looking, you could pair those two to dress up the jeans-and then just wear whichever pair of shoes looks best with the outfit. Just a suggestion, depends on the type of jeans, but even pretty worn-in jeans can be dressed up with a nice blouse. Might work.

Comment

The shirt is white and black and my jeans are blue. After this is over with I have to get me some clothes I never have what I need.
      7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aces67 View Post
        The shirt is white and black and my jeans are blue. After this is over with I have to get me some clothes I never have what I need.

Still think it could work--jeans go with just about any color. How nice is your t-shirt?

Comment

OK, emergency time situation, call on a friend, neighbor, or Goodwill Industries, and get black slacks and a nice blouse. For five minutes that is all you need. You will be fine. If Goodwill, change in the changing room (tell the clerk you will wear the purchase) and good luck. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

It's just a T shirt with a western design on the front. I think it's nicer than just a plain t shirt and I think it might would be okay I just don't know. I've never had good fashion sense.
            7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aces67 View Post
              It's just a T shirt with a western design on the front. I think it's nicer than just a plain t shirt and I think it might would be okay I just don't know. I've never had good fashion sense.

I know I never have the right clothes at the right time either. But 'hub had a great idea. Goodwill could be just the thing. They do have changing rooms and I'm sure you could find something there--either a nice blouse/skirt or pants. Hope your 341 isn't 1st thing in the morning. If you're in California, you may still have some time this evening. Usually they are open 'till 8 or 9. Shopping time! :-)

Comment

OKay I checked just to be sure what I'm talking about. THey are black polyester dress pants with a polyester blend top. I really don't have time for any shopping tomorrow so if you had to pick one or the other which one?

To be fair the dressy outfit was something I bought in a pinch b/c I needed something to wear to my aunt and cousin's funeral. I don't normally spend much on clothes but since I didn't have a whole lot of time I bought the first thing I found that fit and looked good. It was $120 between the pants top and shoes.
                7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

there was a guy at my 341 in bib overalls I don't think the trustee cared or noticed
                  Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                  341 09/17/2008
                  Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Wear jeans, I did. Nothing to worry about. I worried too and I didn't have any options but to wear it. I dont think the trustee even noticed let alone cared.

Comment

I'd go with the black polyester dress pants and blouse. When you first described the outfit as silky pants, I pictured night club material. But if it's polyester pants and a blouse I'd go with that. Sounds like it's a busness casual outfit--perfect. Don't fret too much about it, though. I'm sure that you won't be thrown out for wearing jeans. From what I've read, California seems to be more casual at the meetings. Here in Ohio--at least at my meeting--it was business to business casual. But that was just a one day observation. Other days may have been different. Good luck at your 341. I'm sure it will be fine.

Comment

Also, I'm sure anything appropriate for a funeral would be fine for your 341.

Comment

Yeah, isn't our 341 like a funeral in a way? (sorry that was probably a bad joke).
                          "I broke, I broke, it's off to Chapter 7 I go"
                          http://queenfluff.blogs.experienceproject.com/
                          1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

Comment

I see these threads all the time - what to wear?

Really, the trustee doesn't care. On the low end, I would try not to have holes in my clothes. On the high end, just don't bring your Rolex that's not on schedule B, don't wear designer suits that the trustee might recognize because he owns some, and don't bring a coach purse. Pretty much, don't give the trustee a reason to not believe your situation.

Comment

At my 341 we had everything from sweats, to jeans, to slacks, to "I just rolled out of bed and this was on the floor!" wear whatever, I mean what can they do, kick you out? Tell them you are broke if they try.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X