A few questions before filing on my own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few questions before filing on my own

judgmental. I really feel like kind of a loser, but know this is what I have to do to make a clean start.

I have a similar situation... old credit card accounts... many collection agencies... Some were written off many times, every few months, with increasing interest each time... How can they get away with that!?

To be on the safe side, I am planning to list ALL of them on my Schedule F. (BOTH the original creditors and the collection agencies, too.)

Anybody have some good advice on this?
    Last edited by quest42; 10-10-2005, 11:55 PM.
    I'm in N. California ... Thanks for your replies!
    10/11/05: bought www.form7.com software
    10/14/05: Filed Ch 7 BK Petition pro se skeleton
    10/27/05: Filed all schedules, etc.
    11/17/05: 341 meeting (done!)
    01/16/06: Last day to file objections
    01/18/06: Discharged, closed

Bankruptcy LINKS

Comment

Regarding creditors, addresses, etc. First priority-try to list each original creditor, even if you don't know the account # and have to make a rough guess at balance owed. For any collection agencies you have info on, list them as well. For the lease-list the company you made the lease payments to.

List all creditors, even ones that you know won't be discharged. That way they'll get notice of the automatic stay. You can probably talk to your student loans about deferring payments for a while.

If its listed on your petition, and it is a dischargeable debt, then the BK discharge will apply.
      Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X