top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

341 on wednesday...filed pro se CA ANY TIPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 on wednesday...filed pro se CA ANY TIPS?

I have been trying to stay calm since I filed pro se on 4/22, but now that the 341 meeting is around the corner I am getting nervous!!!

Any tips on what I need to take?

I am unemployed because son is very ill he receives SSI and husband has finally found a temp job about 4-6 weeks ago. Even counting his low income will not put us over the means test. We didn't even have to calculate that. So I am not worried about having too much money or money for that matter.

I received a tax refund which I exempted for $1730.

Any suggestions or tips since I am filing prose and scared!

I have two judgements against me which I listed the orginal accounts for on the matrix. CONFUSED> please help!
    Filed Chapter 7 4/22/2009
    341 Meeting Scheduled 5/27/2009
    Discharged 7/30/2009
    Awaiting closing!!!!

If you haven't already provided the Trustee with 2 yrs. Income Tax Returns, I would take those to the hearing. Also, if any of your expenses were higher than the 'Standard' for your State, I would take proof of those too. Don't know if you had to provide any Bank Statements besides the 'Snapshot' of the last month's day before you filed, I would take at least 2 mths. of them.

Haven't read any of your previous posts. So, if you have vehicles and required to list the value of them, I would take documentation for such, unless you owe much more than the value of any of them.

If you've bought or sold a home within the past 2 yrs, I would take the one piece closing statement also. If you own a home, I would go to www.realtor.com and there is a place where it says how much your home is worth and you can type in your address. It will show homes recently sold in close proximity to your home along with the $ sold and sq. footage.

Most likely Trustee won't ask for the above; however, if he/she would & you didn't have them, he/she could continue your hearing until proof was provided.

Sending Good Karma Your Way For An Smooth Sailing Hearing!

Luci

Comment

Thank you Lucilu:

I have bank statements and tax return copy. I will take those with me on Wednesday. I can't wait 'til this is over.
      Discharged 7/30/2009
      Awaiting closing!!!!

Comment

Be calm and remember it is no big deal. Over before you know it.
        chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

The Riverside court is pretty easy. if you are under median you should be a piece of cake. So many people in trouble her in the IE due to the housing crisis, i think they are zipping them right through.
          Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

mine was a few weeks ago, downtown Los Angeles. It was no sweat, dont worry. Also take your SS card, CDL. Take all your filed paperwork, just in case. My Trustee was cool, but he had no time for missing or incomplete paprerwork. He sent one guy to the the end of the day cuz of a missing paper. He also didnt believe anyone that said they sent in their tax forms, yet he didnt get them. So bring copies just in case. Speak loud and clear, he also had a guy wait a few people cuz the guy wouldnt speak up, after being told a few times to speak up(meetings are recorded). you will do fine, go early to get a feel for how the Trustee is. By the time it was my turn(i went 2 hours early), i was pretty comfortable with the situation, and knew what questions the Trustee would ask, as he basically asks the same questions to everyone. Good luck

Comment

Here is an answer i posted a while ago. Question was "What questions do they ask at the 341 meeting?" Might find it relevant.

my chapter 7, no asset 341 questions(in Los Angeles) where as follows..."is the s.s# you filed under the same as you where originally issued", "any changes to the tax returns you sent me and are they factual", "do you have any lawsuits against you", "are you owed money from any lawsuits you have filed", "do you have any other income to report other than what you stated when you filed", "do you expect to inherit any money or property in the next 2 years", "any errors or omissions at time of filing". that was about it other than swearing me in and stating my name and address. some of the others i heard were asked about housing values and reaffirmations, some that had very large tax refunds had some follow up questions asked. any tax return received after filing was then asked many questions. then i saw a bunch of people back for their second and third time for problems, and the trustee got pissed at that point as they took time and the lawyers sucked(felt sorry for the people), lots of lame excuses. thats when he told one guy he had to go to the back of the line, to be the last one of the day, as he forgot some paperwork, poor guy was beet red and slinked to the back to wait(it was only about 3pm, and they where still on the 2pm appts., last one at 4:30pm, he had a long time to fill out that paperwork!). most lasted less than 5 minutes, which made the Trustee very happy, he would say, "thats how its supposed to go". thank goodness us Pro Se filers where all at the end of the day, all went very quick, and the Trustee got into a better mood, taking less time and asking fewer questions, so by the time it was my turn, he was in a good mood, even joking. they are open to the public, so you can always go sit in some day prior, as long as you know they are meeting that day.

Comment

Good post...informative.

I have to admit I am nervous but after reading posts on this forum for so long I feel prepared and confident, even though I am filing pro se. Thanks again.
                Discharged 7/30/2009
                Awaiting closing!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X