Every day is painful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every day is painful

So still in 60 day club. I have realized that this chapter 7 is worse then just being in debt.

I run out of money between paychecks, barely eat, and now found out my job is going to make us work without pay in July.

How will I live? Why do I get out of bed everyday and work when I cannot even survive on the wages? My coworkers all have credit cards they can live on for the time we are not paid but I have nothing to fall back on.

This is not life and not living.

Chapter 7 is giving me a fresh start in Hell basically.

ANyone else feel worse after filing?

I am so sorry! Your post made me very sad.

I doubt I will be feeling worse after filing, but it sounds like our situations are quite different. I don't know if this helps, but credit cards can't keep you in the green forever. At some point you would reach your limits on them and be in the same boat you are in now, except you would owe everyone and their brother.

Is it possible for you to speak with your employer about your situation? I am assuming they are holding up your pay throughout the month of July and plan to pay you in August? I mean, there is no way they could expect someone to go an entire month, in this economy, without money.

Good luck. I really hope something comes through for you.
    Obtained attorney 4-27-2009
    Signed the bankruptcy paperwork on 6-6-2009

Comment

Originally posted by Calamity View Post
      I am so sorry! Your post made me very sad.

I doubt I will be feeling worse after filing, but it sounds like our situations are quite different. I don't know if this helps, but credit cards can't keep you in the green forever. At some point you would reach your limits on them and be in the same boat you are in now, except you would owe everyone and their brother.

Is it possible for you to speak with your employer about your situation? I am assuming they are holding up your pay throughout the month of July and plan to pay you in August? I mean, there is no way they could expect someone to go an entire month, in this economy, without money.

Good luck. I really hope something comes through for you.
      Thanks..

I am a civil servant and my pay depends on the passing of the budget. In years past we always got paid on time but this year the courts ruled we cannot be paid without a budget. The budget has not passed on time in the last 8 yrs. In 1993 the govt employees in my state did not paid for 3 months.

I am really scared and angry about this!

If only I had waited longer to file so I had something to live off of. You are correct about credit cards being bad to fall back on but I do not make enough to have adequate savings for emergencies. I have been looking for a second job or new job for almost a year now to no avail. There is nothing out there and i have all these stupid student loans.

Comment

Can you quickly find a part time job even if it's fast food or Wally World to help at least put gas in the car and some food? I am so sorry that this is happening at just the worst time. How about a promotion to a higher paying position? I know but at least it's something to look into.

Your coworkers are not any better off because it's only a temporary stopgap measure to rely on credit cards for basic necessities. In the long run it will cost them more with the interest and fees. I happen to think you are the lucky one. We have all hit bottom or we wouldn't be here. Life's tough now with the economy and finding a new source of income to supplement your pay is going to be the way to go. Not a pleasant thought but at least you won't owe more when it's over. Blessings in disguise for small favors!
        Ch 7 filed: 3/30
        341: 5/12
        Discharged and Closed 7/20: Now known as- Free Willy

Comment

If your loans are federal ones, I would request a forbearance until your situation gets better.

It might be hard to believe, but this has nothing to do with your chapter 7.
          Retained 3/09 * Filed 6/2/09 *341 Meeting 7/23/09 *Report of No Distribution Filed 7/24/09 *Closed and Discharged 10/13/09*
          ***I do not provide legal advice. All I am doing is sharing my thoughts and opinions. You probably shouldn't even read my posts.***

Comment

Originally posted by inpain66 View Post
            So still in 60 day club. I have realized that this chapter 7 is worse then just being in debt.

I run out of money between paychecks, barely eat, and now found out my job is going to make us work without pay in July.

How will I live? Why do I get out of bed everyday and work when I cannot even survive on the wages? My coworkers all have credit cards they can live on for the time we are not paid but I have nothing to fall back on.

This is not life and not living.

Chapter 7 is giving me a fresh start in Hell basically.

ANyone else feel worse after filing?
            Hey InPain:

Sorry to hear your are having money problems. When we quit paying all but one credit card, late last Sept., I honestly thought I was going to have to find a part-time job as we struggled for about 3 months just paying our basic living expenses. This was during Christmas and I was very depressed.

Hubby told me there was no way I would last at a job as I am 100% disabled from a car accident 3/05. I was late on paying some of the utilities each month during that time and the phone calls from the CCs' were so frequent.

At least you've got the hard part of getting through the BK over with. I know they say the Economy is getting better, but as you and I both know it's not for those who no longer have credit cards to fall back on. Just remember, they are what most likely put you in Bk.

As hubby once said to me not to long ago, as long has he had me for his wife, and our furkid (shih-tzu) and a roof over our head, we would survive. We can't file till 9/09, so that's been almost a year since we quit paying our credit cards.

Hang in there. I will keep you in my Daily Prayers that your financial situation will improve Soon! That man upstairs took care of my hubby in April when his organs were shutting down and was hospitalized for a week and didn't work without pay almost the entire month. OMG, I looked on line and just the hospital bill was $22,000 for one week; however, I'm not going to let these enormous bills slide me back into that big black hole of Depression.

I know this forum has helped me with my Sad Attitude and just maybe posts like mine and the others, will help you in some tiny little way. Also, sending Good Thoughts Your Way!

Luci

Comment

Hi Inpain, I agree with teacher with the loans. Check to see if they have any kind of temporary forbearance programs. Same with your utility bills, call all of them, they will work with you, I know this from personal experience. Then go apply for food stamps and anything else you can to help out your situation. There is help out there you just have to hang in there and try every avenue. Credit cards are only a bandaid and when they pull off well you know they hurt like h_ll. The CC companies would only be an evil you don't need to deal with right now. So try all those things and hopefully you will get some aid to get you through. Good luck to you and hang in there. Broken

Comment

Since you are a civil servant, can you go to your representatives or senator? Is this for a city, state or county? Go to whatever governing board oversees your job and ask them to live a month with no pay. I also don't see how you cannot be paid for an entire month when you put in the work, approved budget or not. It may be time to get politically involved. I also second the advice about a forbearance and possibly picking up some work at a fast food place or Walmart if at all possible.
                C in GA - Filed Chapter 7 Aug '09
                341 Hearing Oct 8, '09 - DONE

Comment

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. No one should have to struggle simply to feed themselves. I really think this is rock bottom for you and there is nowhere to go but up! It's that thought that's getting me through this dark times in my home.
                  Obtained attorney 4-27-2009
                  Signed the bankruptcy paperwork on 6-6-2009

Comment

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I really hope the economy has reached bottom because I cannot imagine it getting worse than this.

I also have a lot of stress due to other relatives going through hard times.

I guess I am lucky to have a job at all.

Comment

Originally posted by inpain66 View Post
                        I really hope the economy has reached bottom because I cannot imagine it getting worse than this.
                        It will get worse before it gets better.

I also have a lot of stress due to other relatives going through hard times.
                        know the feeling. I think we as a country need to remember that we are indeed our brothers keeper. Families need to go back to being closer knit. I plan on having my mother in law move in with us shortly after my oldest enters the Navy.

I guess I am lucky to have a job at all.
                        We all are. I worked in a job some time back that I hated with every fiber of my being. If I hadn't had a child to care for, I'd have quit, and almost did several times anyway. Every day was painful. Every time my alarm went off in the morning it hurt. I burned every vacation day, every sick day and even had taken time off without pay. How can I emphasize this, it was physically painful to me to go and do this job I hated every day for many years. This was also the period of time I started incurring some serious debt. All you can do is keep putting one foot in front of the other and trust that you will eventually get to a better place. I eventually got back to doing what it was I enjoy and now I am having to deal with the debt.

Keep plugging away

Comment

I'll be thinking of you. Have you talked to your lawyer to see what he can suggest? Since he's familiar with the area you live in he may be able to give you some advice on where to go for help in the meantime.
                          4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                          5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                          7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                          7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cwilliams View Post
                            Since you are a civil servant, can you go to your representatives or senator? Is this for a city, state or county? Go to whatever governing board oversees your job and ask them to live a month with no pay. I also don't see how you cannot be paid for an entire month when you put in the work, approved budget or not.
                            Unfortunately this is routinely the case for state government employees.

In the past in my state they required the state employees to keep working without pay for more than two months. No one in state government cared -- saying "oh, you'll get your back pay once the budget passes." In my case they required me to stay on-call and perform "mandatory overtime" -- so I couldn't even get a second job.

But the unemployment and welfare checks kept coming due to an emergency session and a supplemental emergency budget.

I feel for the OP. I've been there. I will join the others in hoping your state passes the budget quickly.

Whether or not you have access to credit cards, it's unacceptable to treat people this way.

Comment

You might also try your local food bank or your town's ministerial alliance. The pastors of your community work together to help those in need. They can provide funds for any number of necessities. It will get better.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X