6 month income question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 month income question

how is the 6 months income calculated? Is it 6 months back from they day f filing? Say I file June 10th will it go back to December 10th?
    9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
    11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
    01/04/2010 - last day for objections
    01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Originally posted by drowningNdebt View Post
    how is the 6 months income calculated? Is it 6 months back from they day f filing? Say I file June 10th will it go back to December 10th?
    I am new but I know this one...

If you file June 10th then it will be Dec-May as far as the 6 month look back.
    "Don't let your wants overload your a**"
    (author unknown)

Comment

Yes, it goes from the date of filing. You must supply 6 months worth of pay stubs with your petition.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
        Yes, it goes from the date of filing. You must supply 6 months worth of pay stubs with your petition.
        I just filed May 28th and my info was taken from Nov to April. I had to provide paystubs for May but for the purpose of the means test - Nov to April was used.
        (author unknown)

Comment

Would it be Dec 1st to May 30th ?

I have a large deposit i made on Dec 8th from my previous employer. I want this to fall off. If I wait till June 15th to file will this happen or do I have to wait until July?

Comment

You need to wait to file until after July 1st. Then your six month look back period will be Jan 1- June 30th.
            Ch 7 filed: 3/30
            341: 5/12
            Discharged and Closed 7/20: Now known as- Free Willy

Comment

I have a similar question. I recieved a 14k relocation (per deim) check in late January. Is that reportable? Or should I wait till that falls off?

Comment

Originally posted by BKinVirginia View Post
                I have a similar question. I recieved a 14k relocation (per deim) check in late January. Is that reportable? Or should I wait till that falls off?
                Sounds like you need to wait till August. I am not sure if it counts or not but I wouldn't take the chance. Check with your lawyer.
                (author unknown)

Comment

SOMEBODY help me.

So I understand how the 6 months income works but what about the 6 month expenses? The reason I ask is I will be filing, then moving where my bills will change drastically and I will not have rent, utilities, etc. However, I will still be unemployed. I will have to come back to the state I filed in for the 341. How will the trustee view this?

If the trustee asks, I will be honest and tell them that I had to move back home to re-establish myself because I went broke, have no job and no means to pay for my current bills.

Do you think this will cause a problem? I have applied for so many jobs, day in and out and am yet to hear anything back.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X