Income question about Schedule I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Income question about Schedule I

On schedule I, it asks for an estimate of average or projected income at time case filed. I assume that if I file in June, I would use all income from May, correct?

What stinks about this how my salary works. I get a base salary paid to me twice a month. This income never changes.

I also receive a premium check every Friday because I work nights and my shifts are 12 hours long.

Normally, there are only 4 Fridays a month, but in May, there were 5 Fridays, which means I received 5 premium checks.

On line 20 (A) of schedule J, it asks for the average monthly income from line 15 of schedule I.

My question is this: Since there are only a handful of months in the year that actually have 5 Fridays, would the income I made from May actually be my "Average Income"?

One more question about schedule I.

On line 1, it asks for monthly gross wages, salary and commissions. As I was saying early, I receive premium checks each Friday and 2 of the checks list 8 hours of over time on each check, totaling 16 hours. Do I take the overtime pay listed on my pay stub and add it to line 2 "Estimate Monthly Overtime"? Again, for May, since there are 5 Fridays, I received 5 checks and 3 of the checks each had 8 hours of overtime listed, totaling 24 hours. But, this is not average.

Hopefully that all made sense.
    Filed (Pro Se) - 06/23/2009.
    341 meeting - 08/05/2009.
    Last day for objections - 10/05/2009.
    Discharged - 10/06/2009

Use an average. Don't use just May's income. I would base it on all expected paydays until the end of the year to get a decent average (and I would probably even leave May out).

Comment

there are 26 weeks in 6 months (half of 52 per year). total the entire income for 26 weeks then divide by 6 to get average monthly income.
      filed ch7 May 09
      341 june 09
      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X