top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hate to ask- How soon to get a secured Credit Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had absolutely ZERO luck getting a SECURED card from two credit unions with whom I was in good standing after my bankruptcy.

Magically, six months or so after my disharge, I qualified for TWO regular credit cards with no fees.

Any attempt to apply for a credit card of any sort within six months or so of filing are a waste of time from my experience.

You'll have to learn to make due with a debit card and learn to keep money in your account to cope with the stupid holds they put on your funds.
    Discharged November 2008 100 days after filing no-asset Chapter 7. We intended to let a two-year-old vehicle go back to the bank and reaffirm an inexpensive ten-year-old SUV and our home mortgage. In the end we surrendered ALL of our vehicles and reaffirmed NOTHING. We'll "ride through" our mortgage after the court ruled it an undue hardship.

Comment

GrdnDelite our CU has three different prepaid cards. The travel card can be loaded with up to $5K and is reloadable directly from your CU account. That's the card we plan to have once our discharge comes thru. We are already receiving new unsecured credit card offers from CITI (not in our current BK) and even BofA is sending new home loan and cc offers (are in our current bk). I don't think it's going to be difficult to get a new unsecured cc card once we are done. It's tempting but we have decided we are never going to owe a cc company a dime again and the CU card will be just fine for our needs.
      Ch 7 filed: 3/30
      341: 5/12
      Discharged and Closed 7/20: Now known as- Free Willy

Comment

Yes, WillBeFree, you're right about that, and that's what it's turning to now. I'm worried about ever having to rent a car now, though, after this fiasco.... When we have repairs, AAA pays for a rental, but we have to front it.

Wow. What a pain this has turned out to be. Though I'd be happier without credit cards, but EVERYONE wants them!!
        Read the Blog: My Personal Experience With Bankruptcy

Comment

I used a debit car to rent a vehicle recently. They required a pay stub and a utility bill showing no past due amount. I had to put $250 down.

Comment

Enterprise takes cash deposits, debit card deposits or credit cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Bell30656 View Post
              Enterprise takes cash deposits, debit card deposits or credit cards.
              I was in line the other day, and someone used a check for the deposit! They take anything. Hertz stated they run a credit report for your debit card. Enterprise does not.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X