top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

341 meeting finally over today. Now in 60 day club.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting finally over today. Now in 60 day club.

The 341 meeting was over in less time than it took me to order a sausage and egg McMuffin sandwich and orange juice at McDonald's on the way to the court. Seriously, I don't think I lasted more than 60 secs.

Basically questions after swearing in were along the line of -

State full name
    State Address
    State Marital Status
    Did you review bk pamphlet (given at courthouse)?
    Did you review your bk package as filed by attorney before signing?
    Are all your assets and liabilities listed?
    Anything changed since filing?
    Do you expect on any inheritance, financial awards, money etc anytime soon in the near future?
    Have you ever filed for BK before?
    Any creditors here?

Thank you. Next name ...

That was it. This is in the eastern district of Calif (Sacramento). Also got a good trustee according to lawyer. Again, no bank statements asked for or anything else. Also, mine was a basic no asset case. Surrendering house. Keeping car but not signing re-affirm.

Again, thanks to all the extensive info I have read on this forum since I decided to file in Nov 08. It made understanding the process much easier and certainly calmed the nerves going into the 341 meeting. In 60 days it will be the fresh start I hoped for.

How can you keep your car and not reaffirm? I owe on mine...........can I keep it w/o reaffirming it? Someone told me I could negotiate the balance?

Comment

Good luck! Ours was yesterday in the Central District (riverside). We are keeping both vehicles and have not yet rec'd anything about reaffirming.

Comment

Originally posted by notadeadbeat View Post
        How can you keep your car and not reaffirm? I owe on mine...........can I keep it w/o reaffirming it? Someone told me I could negotiate the balance?
        Lender already sent a reaffirm agreement but I will not sign. As long as you are current on your payments and keep making the monthly payments, they are not likely to repossess your car. The lender refuses to negotiate anything so I just told my attorney that I will not sign the reaffirm. I currently have about 6K equity in the car (owe 12.5 and worth about 18.5) so I certainly don't want to tell them to stuff it and come pick up the car. Easier to negotiate the balance or terms when you are upside down on the car.

Comment

I'm in SoCal too, and my attorney said that Ford and Chrysler tend to take back their cars unless you reaffirm the loans (I don't have either), even if you are current!
          May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
          May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
          May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
          9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Congrats
            May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
            July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
            September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X