?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?

hubby is trying to find a new job after BK,a lot of jobs say security clearence will the bk affect that?

That would be up to that company. You know and I know, that it should not. That does not mean a particular company for their own reasons would consider it a security risk. Let's say he wants to work in a bank. They may assume since he bked, he needs money and "we can't take a chance". Fair? It is not. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

If its a gov't position and he has to obtain a clearance for the position, it could be an issue. On the security application form it asks you if you have ever declared bankruptcy and if you are more than 30 days late on any payment. I honestly think if you're honest and upfront about it and explain why you had to do it...they would over look it. If it was a top top secret clearance or something, maybe not.
      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
      Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

It is illegal to be discriminated against for obtaining a job on the basis of filing a bankruptcy, although, if the employer is smart, they will come up with a different reason to not hire him.

Comment

Well I thought that too... but the agency I work for the forms actually say if you have filed for bankruptcy you can't work here. I dunno if they are exempt because its gov't and you're working with people's financial information and social security info... I dunno. I think they do find an "alternative" reason for it but its like if you are irresponsible with money and could be easily bought and manipulated...they don't want you.
          Last edited by Amy26; 06-04-2009, 05:54 AM.
          BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
          Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X