After Chptr 7, here is the delima

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After Chptr 7, here is the delima

Our BK was discharged in January. I pulled the bureaus in April. Most everything looked fine, except on creditor. We reaffirmed our auto loan, and the wrote off 3100 dollars of the debt. However, they were reporting this debt as a "180 days past due" on only one report (experian) I contacted the bank, and they recognized this was not correct. I sent in my dispute back to experian. We have followed all of the advice of our attorney for aftercare.

here is question one
    Bankruptcy was discharged in January 2009, creditor listed 180 days late on payments as of March 2009, how much of a hit (roughly) is that taking on my credit score, and will my credit score go up after it is fixed.

question number 2
    During the "stay" (sept. to jan.) the same bank, and a few other debtors showed passed due payments, is that normal. Not all of my debtors showed passed due during that time line.

we are trying to get a home loan and we need a fico of 640, i am currently at a 607. so I need all the help I can get to rebuild my life.

BTW I have contacted the attorney for some help "Boyd Gaffney Sowards McCray & Treosti PLLC" namely Sowards, and he said he doesn't have to help me nor will he help me.

Credit score is a little irrelevant post bk. The fact that you filed for BK will be on your report for 10 years. And its a big ohhh to any credit application.

Even if you fix this little mistake, I don't believe your score will jump that high.

What is your score with Equifax and transunion? or is that the 607. A credit report with one provider does not affect your score with the others.
    My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
    posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

this might be a dumb question but what does reaffirming a loan mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Jupiter8 View Post
        this might be a dumb question but what does reaffirming a loan mean?
        It means you are agreeing to continue to pay for something even after BK. If you sign a reaffirmation agreement and cannot make the scheduled payments, you are now stuck because you signed off saying you would adhere to the original contract.
        Filed 5/29/09
        Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

Originally posted by mamaluv View Post
          It means you are agreeing to continue to pay for something even after BK. If you sign a reaffirmation agreement and cannot make the scheduled payments, you are now stuck because you signed off saying you would adhere to the original contract.
          There are positives to this however. You remain in good standing with that current creditor. You are allowed to keep the collateral and are not gambling with whether or not they will forclose/repo. And ideally, those loans continue reporting to the credit bureaus as positive tradelines.

I for one am planning on reaffirming home and car.
          Filed Ch 7 11/28/09 | 341 1/7/10 | Last Date for Objections 3/8/10 | Discharged 3/10/10

Comment

so, any thoughts on the above questions?

Comment

Originally posted by frizole View Post
              so, any thoughts on the above questions?

From what I have read that kind of stuff takes a while and a lot of determination to get it fixed. Of course this has nothing to do with your lawyer who helped you file, so going to them is pointless.

We're all in the same position and unfortunately rebuilding your (our) financial life is going to take quite a number of years. Someone else might be able to chime in but I am sure there is information around in this forum about similar post bk errors.

http://www.bkforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15 Check out this section (After the discharge). There is a lot of great info in there.
              Last edited by shabam; 06-05-2009, 06:23 AM.
              My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
              posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by shabam View Post
                Credit score is a little irrelevant post bk. The fact that you filed for BK will be on your report for 10 years. And its a big ohhh to any credit application.

Even if you fix this little mistake, I don't believe your score will jump that high.

What is your score with Equifax and transunion? or is that the 607. A credit report with one provider does not affect your score with the others.
                That statement is mostly myth. A bankruptcy is a one time event on your credit report and its "effect" on your credit dissipates over time. A bankruptcy is only a negative for about 2 years, after that, it hardly has any effect on your credit score.

Comment

Originally posted by shabam View Post

I'm glad someone else already said this.
                  I do not provide legal advice. All I do here is give my two cents as an opinion and at least share some of the facts that I know. Attorneys can provide legal advice, so go ask them or hire one.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X