X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 was June 3rd ~ questions asked of us

Florida Middle district here.

Whole thing lasted about 5 minutes.

Showed photo ID & SS card, stated names and sworn in.

Asked if we had paid more than 1k in the last year to family or friends, if anyone owed us any monies, if we had any reason to sue anyone, had we contacted a lawyer within last 5 years for any reason, if we rent or own our home, any inheritances coming our way we knew of. Asked if we had any stocks or bonds in which we told we have a small amount of stock that fluctuates between being worth $500 - $1000 depending on the market that day. Told that was all the questions she had and said Good Luck to Us.

Simple and smooth from what I can tell. Our lawyer and paralegal were both there. They said it seemed to go very well & told us to do our pre discharge course as soon as possible, something we will do this weekend online.

The only concern I have is that our lawyer had 3 other cases in front of us and at the end of the meeting all three were given the copy of the paperwork by the trustee and told she did not need it and that they could destroy it or keep it safe somewhere. It is just the copy of the electronic filing she gave them, but at the end of ours, she did not say this to us but she did give my lawyer a piece of paper.

Guess we joined the 60 day club as of yesterday. Wish us luck.

Last edited by sophia; 06-04-2009, 02:17 PM.

Good luck to you. It sounds like you had a very smooth time. I had not heard the question of whether or not you had seen a lawyer in the last five years.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Asked if we had paid anyone more than 1k in the last year

I had not heard this one asked before. Why $1000. If it was preferential payments isn't that $600 ? Did they mean a person like a relative or someone you knew or did they mean $1000 to ANYONE. My goodness, if they meant anyone, that list would be long. Let me see. Mortgage company, FPL, Bellsouth, Water company, cell phone company, Publix, Amex, B of A, Chase, ETC....you get the picture. I am not sure I could answer that question on the spot and be accurate. LOL
      Southern District of Florida
      Filed Ch 7 - 8/6/09 341 - 9/14/09
      Report of No Distribution - 9/18/09
      DISCHARGE ! 11/23/09 Closed 12/8/09

Comment

Originally posted by doingpoorly View Post
        Asked if we had paid anyone more than 1k in the last year

I had not heard this one asked before. Why $1000. If it was preferential payments isn't that $600 ? Did they mean a person like a relative or someone you knew or did they mean $1000 to ANYONE. My goodness, if they meant anyone, that list would be long. Let me see. Mortgage company, FPL, Bellsouth, Water company, cell phone company, Publix, Amex, B of A, Chase, ETC....you get the picture. I am not sure I could answer that question on the spot and be accurate. LOL

Hahaha... I would have the same list as you!
        Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
        Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Yes, I'm sorry. They asked if we had paid more than $1000 to any family members or relatives in the last year.
          I edited my original post.

Comment

Now why 1000 or more dollars to friends or family? Is that for wanting to know if you are squirelling money away??

Comment

The cases in front of us lasted much longer though. One lady has her name on the deed to 2 of her children's homes, they grilled her as to why. She said her children wanted it that way if anything were to happen to them. I think the trustee told this womens lawyer something like that is what estate planning is for. TT had a lot of questions after that. I was glad it was not us.

Then you had the nervous people who tried to make small talk with the TT. It backed fired as she was very quick, short and to the point. Also the amount of people talking in the back of the room was ridiculous, TT kept shooting them looks like shut the ___ up! I'm glad I was not them as well, I imagine she was not to happy once they went up for their case and showed them the same respect they showed her. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by coolgurka View Post
                Now why 1000 or more dollars to friends or family? Is that for wanting to know if you are squirelling money away??
                No idea. Could be why. She asked almost everyone that question.

Others were asked about their tax refunds, she never asked us and we got back 5k. I had receipts for everything we spent it on just in case but it never came up. I guess with 2 kids under 4 years old it is not as much a big deal?

Comment

Glad to hear everything went well at your 341!
                  Welcome to the 60 day club
                  May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                  May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                  May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                  9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Are you in Jacksonville? If you don't mind me asking, who is your Trustee and Lawyer? You can PM me if you'd like. I would appreciate the info.
                    Retained 3/09 * Filed 6/2/09 *341 Meeting 7/23/09 *Report of No Distribution Filed 7/24/09 *Closed and Discharged 10/13/09*
                    ***I do not provide legal advice. All I am doing is sharing my thoughts and opinions. You probably shouldn't even read my posts.***

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X