Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capital One - filing question?

Hi,

I submitted all my paperwork to my lawyer last week and she is working on putting everything together. Yesterday, I received a letter from a collection agency, Alliance One Receivables Management, Inc., saying that my Capital One account has been referred to them. It's funny how they immediately referred my account since I have never been late but had my first intentional missed payment in May.

I am going to send a copy of this letter to my lawyer tomorrow.

Will this collection agency now replace Capital One on my petition?

You can include them both. Under Cap 1 list the amount owed, under Alliance, list "duplicate" for the balance.

It is the same debt amount, so you don't double it on your schedules.

Listing them both will help get the TL marked IIB correctly on your CR and also stop Alliance from any further collection activity.

It will probably keep Alliance off your CR, since it was recently referred and they have to wait a bit (30 days) until they can report after they send you the first dunning letter. ( I am pretty sure anyway, I should brush up on FDCPA/FCRA)

Comment

Thanks dingdong.....Your are right, in the letter it says I have 30 days to dispute otherwise they assume the debt is valid. My petition should be filed before that.

Comment

Originally posted by Florida30 View Post
        Hi,

I submitted all my paperwork to my lawyer last week and she is working on putting everything together. Yesterday, I received a letter from a collection agency, Alliance One Receivables Management, Inc., saying that my Capital One account has been referred to them. It's funny how they immediately referred my account since I have never been late but had my first intentional missed payment in May.

I am going to send a copy of this letter to my lawyer tomorrow.

Will this collection agency now replace Capital One on my petition?
        wow.....they jumped on you quick. i'm 60 days late and still getting calls from Hot Linda
        Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

I was surprised too!!! They don't play. Its unfortunate, cus I had a fixed 2.99% for life on a balance transfer for years with that card. Oh well!!!

I stopped paying in May and have only received calls from Discover Card (oh are they annoying) and from Dell. I thought I would have more but it seems I never updated my new cell number with some cards. I just want to officially file and then I can let them know to stop bothering me.

Comment

I was surprised too!!! They don't play. Its unfortunate, cus I had a fixed 2.99% for life on a balance transfer for years with that card. Oh well!!!

I stopped paying in May and have only received calls from Discover Card (oh are they annoying) and from Dell. I thought I would have more but it seems I never updated my new cell number with some cards. I just want to officially file and then I can let them know to stop bothering me.
            Yeah, well they sent me offer for 0% bt for 18 months on 15K but payemnt was high. I paid it for 8 months, then they send me another 0% for 18 months, so i paid off balance with bt from another card, then used new 0% bt to pay back card I paid them from restarting bt clock to 18 months. that was before i figured what a stupid hole i digging myself in to
            Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Me too.. I haven't filed yet but I was notified by this new company that I was transferred. I also agree that Discover is annoying with their calls. I feel bad for my parents- they keep calling them even though I live 15 hrs away. They know the number where they can reach me and it isn't that one- I just choose not to pick up anymore.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X