UST wants a boatload of paperwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuzieBK View Post
    How long after you filed did you find out that the UST was involved and wanted all this paperwork? Did you already have the scheduled date for your 341?

We're three weeks out from our 341 and so far there hasn't been anything on PACER, but I don't know how soon people find out about the UST involvement.
    I got the notice a week after I filed. The UST sent a letter to my attorney. There is nothing on PACER.

Comment

So, this usually only happens if you have a lot of unsecured debts??? I have about 25,000.00...will I have a problem????
      filed June 12,09
      341 July 20,09
      deadline to object Sept 18,09

Comment

So if you have high bal of unsecured debts...this may happen? I have bout 25,000.00...will this happen to me???? Is that a red flag??? High cc debt?? OMG....I'm scared!!!
        filed June 12,09
        341 July 20,09

Comment

Originally posted by denisejohn65 View Post
          So if you have high bal of unsecured debts...this may happen? I have bout 25,000.00...will this happen to me???? Is that a red flag??? High cc debt?? OMG....I'm scared!!!
          No in BK standards, 25,000.00 is not a lot of debt.

The TT usually get interested when your unsecured debt is in the 100k range or over.

I answered another post of yours, you are causing yourself a lot of stress.

BK is the perfect option for you and you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

You might try posting your situation in just one thread and asking specific questions there, posting all over the board with the same or similar questions is a little confusing. Not trying to be a meanie at all, just offering a little friendly guidance

Comment

Does the UST also want credit card applications?
            My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
            posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

I'm sorry....you would not believe what kind of stress I have these days. Hoe are you getting through all of this everyday. Are you discharged?? How can I DEAL with this????
              filed June 12,09
              341 July 20,09

Comment

I'm sorry....you would not believe what kind of stress I have these days. Hoe are you getting through all of this everyday. Are you discharged?? How can I DEAL with this????
                One step at a time.

I think we owe more on one credit card than you owe as a whole on unsecured debt.
                My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
                posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

Wow....thank you for being kind and helping me. I wish this was all gone away.It is hard for me to deal with every day.
                  filed June 12,09
                  341 July 20,09

Comment

We have ~$185 in unsecured debt, but ~100k of that is student loans. Do you think this will still raise flags? I haven't used a credit card since 6/11/2008, and have moved cross county twice since then, so I don't have any statements from anyone anymore.

Since we filed pro se, would we just get this request in the mail?

Comment

No problemo, you would probably just get better help if you started your own thread, posted all the issues/questions you had in that thread and then followed it from there, plus it is way easier to find just one thread instead of following a bunch, and sometimes posting under another thread diverts the thread off the real topic.

We all hijack threads now and then, I am 100% guilty of it as well, but it might help you to understand the process better if you posted it all together and had concredte answers.

I am a single mom too. Lowish income when I filed, 150,000.00 in unsecured debt (a lot of it SL debt)

Small tax debt.

I filed pro-se (no attorney)

Hadn't used cc in over two years.
                      My 341 went as smooth as can be.

Discharged after about 90 days-ish ( my district is very busy)

If you are filing with an attorney, basically all you have to do is supply your info and show up to the 341, then you are done.

the condo issue and HOA seem like your biggest concerns.

As long as the condo is still in your name, you are liable for damage to the porperty, so insurance should be kept on it since you filed already and any debt incurred after filing is non dischargable.

You can BK the past due HOA fees, but any lien will survive BK and any dues after filing I believe you are liable for.

I am not a homeowner, so didn't have direct experience with those issues.

Comment

Originally posted by shabam View Post
                        Does the UST also want credit card applications?
                        The way they put it, they "want all loan applications from 2006 to present, including auto loans and mortgages".

I don't know if a credit card is considered a loan application or not. Thankfully I only have 1 auto loan in that time period.

I imagine they would be looking for misrepresentations of income on the loan applications.

Comment

Originally posted by mike258 View Post
                          The way they put it, they "want all loan applications from 2006 to present, including auto loans and mortgages".

I don't know if a credit card is considered a loan application or not. Thankfully I only have 1 auto loan in that time period.

I imagine they would be looking for misrepresentations of income on the loan applications.
                          I was about to say, how the hell would we even get them. I have about 18 credit cards.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X