top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's that knock knock knocking on my door?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's that knock knock knocking on my door?

Any theories out there as to the following: house has been empty for 1yr, included in bk but has never foreclosed. Recent mod programs available make house appealing again so family in process of moving back into home so can qualify as owner-occupied, as is req'd. A couple stops by the house (woman has clipboard) rings bell, no answer then goes to neighbors asking if they know the family that lives there, and if they are actually living there. Seems VERY determined to keep bugging neighbors, has come by 3 times now, but won't say why or leave anything (note, etc) Who could these people possibly be????? On one paranoid note, there was furniture included in bk7, never reaffirmed or turned in, got some annoying calls from an out of state company about it for a few mos, then nothing for a few mos. Would they be snooping around? Realtors? Investors? Someone from the lender? (which seems unlikely because of the bk...but who knows) Thoughts?

there's only one way to found out what she wants.....

Comment

Probably a BPO agent, seeing if occupied, possibly wanting to offer a Cash for Keys offer or just determine if occupied so they can proceed with FC without worrying about eviction issues?

Is there an HOA? Maybe a rep from the HOA?

Or a really old Girl Scout with a clipboard doing pre-sales?

Comment

I've only been there the one time they stopped by--unfortunately initially I thought it was just a sales call so I didn't answer as I was in the middle of cleaning, then when I looked outside and saw them speaking w/the neighbors, I felt a little silly for "hiding" ! If happen to catch them again, will definitely ask MAY I HELP YOU?? !! but I am just soooo curious about the possibilities. Haha about the girl scout theory... What is a BPO?

Comment

Oh, and yes, there's an HOA and all payments are up to date, no worries there...

Comment

My SIL started working for the 2010 Census Bureau about a month ago in CA. She is now a Supervisor! She told me her people were going through neighborhoods checking on Occupancy of Homes. I asked her for Census in 2010? Requirement before actually gathering Census information.

Another endless possibility?

Luci

Comment

Hi Luci..thank you for the reply! The Census had crossed our minds (mostly because of the whole "clipboard" thing..) but do you know, would they go to neighbors asking, and, wouldn't they be willing to identify themselves as census workers? This couple wouldn't say why they were asking about us, or leave a card or anything..or even a note on our door.

Comment

Originally posted by Martha13 View Post
                Hi Luci..thank you for the reply! The Census had crossed our minds (mostly because of the whole "clipboard" thing..) but do you know, would they go to neighbors asking, and, wouldn't they be willing to identify themselves as census workers? This couple wouldn't say why they were asking about us, or leave a card or anything..or even a note on our door.
                Martha:

I don't know the answer. You would think so. My SIL lives in CA & DH and I live in AR. My DH is an OTR Truck Driver & am disabled. So I'm home 98% of 24/7 & I'm a Scaredy Cat. We have an Alarm System too.

I can recall about a month ago, the same car with just a man driving such car who drove up and down our street 9 times. One time, he parked up the street. Got out of his car & was talking to the guy who just moved in. I still haven't been down there, Yet, to welcome him to our block. He, then, stopped at my neighbor's house & opened up his mail box located in yard, but close enough to street for our mail lady to open mail boxes from her vehicle. DH has met those neighbors; however, hubby hasn't been home long enough to go ask them.

I got scared and went into the house. I was on the cell phone with hubby who wanted me to call the police. I didn't do that, but I didn't go out in the front yard for the rest of the day, either.

Yes a couple who wouldn't identify themselves? Who knows..not me! I wouldn't worry if you are in the process of a Loan Mod and they know you are living in the home. I've read it's the HOA you needed to be worried about & you stated current on them.

Luci

Comment

BPO= Broker Price Opinion

Lender sends them out to get cursory value of the home.

A BPO agent came by my house that I rented that was in FC, took some pics out front.

The Census do come in pairs, and they have this little hand held computer thing that they input data into. Haven't seen them with clipboards.

Comment

Could be opportunity knocking at your door , or just an AT&T Rep, they've been floating around my neighborhood with clip boards lately.

Comment

The census people have been to my house. I was told they are doing their preliminary work. I was given a number to call by the census person if I had any questions.
                      6/30/2009 Filed Ch. 7
                      10/06/2009 Discharged
                      01/24/2011 Closed

Comment

But the census or AT&T folk would be interested in my neighbors, too, right? This scary duo (ok, actually they just look like a married couple in their 60's) are just zero'g in on my house, and have come back 3 times. I don't know why they keep going to the same neighbor who keeps telling them they don't know us...

Comment

Could be the Jehovah Witnesses going around saving souls. They have brochures in several languages!

Comment

Could be the publishers clearing house prize patrol, if you don't answer you won't find out!!

Could also be someone there to serve you papers on the house, and elderly man gave us ours before we moved out. Got out of his car asked if we were such and such we said yes he handed us the foreclosure notice and left.

Since you surrendered house in BK, why did you move back in? Not to be mean but you don't own it anymore our lawyer told us to move out if we gave it back. You are kind of squatting and trespassing in a way.

Comment

Hi Oregon Mom, we moved back in because we are modifying the loan with our lender and keeping the house afterall...so nope, won't be squatting once we're back in.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X