Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0-Day HELP! "What's A Two-Page Petition?"

Looking over requirements, I find:

"To actually file, either you or your attorney, will need to file a two-page petition and several other forms ..."

I have dozens of "several other forms" ... but what's a "two-page petition?"

Okay, you are starting from the beginning today? Whew.

Do yourself a really big favor and go to www.form7.com. Download their software. Then buy the registration key to unlock all the options so you can do all the forms.

You are going to need the following documents to file with the court (see exception below):

Voluntary Petition
    Social Security Declaration
    Notice of Available Chapters
    Summary of Schedules
    Schedules A through J
    Statement of Financial Affairs
    Statement of Intentions
    Declaration re Schedules
    Matrix
    Matrix Cover Sheet

Exception (I think?): I have heard others on this forum talk about filing less documents and calling it an emergency petition. Can anyone else weighin on that?

You do know that the courts are CLOSED on Monday... "to get ready for the new bankruptcy law." So, today IS the day for you.

Good luck.

Comment

btw, before you buy the registration for form7 software, you can actually VIEW a sample bankruptcy in the software. That way, you can at least see what the documents look like.

Comment

The petition says 'voluntary petition' at the top, and is form B1, might also say Form 1. This is the form that lists your name, address, what type of BK you're filing (personal or business, what chapter, etc.

Form7 (free version) allows you access to the petition, which you could use to print out the paperwork for an emergency filing. For more specifics on what you need to include, you'll need to ask the clerk at you bk court. Different districts require different things.
        Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

Maybe some, but not all. On Wed. I asked as I'd heard that rumor. N. GA BK court will be open on Monday.

Originally posted by Zapata

You do know that the courts are CLOSED on Monday... "to get ready for the new bankruptcy law." So, today IS the day for you.

Good luck.
          Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

Ok, thanks much, both. I've already done all of the above, so I guess I'm set (but stay tuned -- I may have another panic attack in the next half hour or so before I leave )

THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNKKKKKKSSSSSS!!!!!

Comment

Good luck, HeartBroke!!!

Glad you got that form 7 software. Makes it all easier on the brain. I sent them a love note of sorts after I completed all my paperwork. I was so grateful for their ingenious software program. Saved me hours and days of fumbling around with a bunch of forms in my word processing program!

Comment

Thanks, Zap ... although I didn't get the software. Wish I had. I've been working the whole thing for a week in Print Shop ...

Comment

PANIC ATTACK - WHAT'S THAT!!!

Is that the "little man" with his fingers around my throat cutting my air off????

YEAH, I KNOW HIM TOO!!!!

Good luck to ya, better get busy and get it filed.

Minny
                  Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Originally posted by HeartBroke
                    Looking over requirements, I find:

"To actually file, either you or your attorney, will need to file a two-page petition and several other forms ..."

I have dozens of "several other forms" ... but what's a "two-page petition?"

What I have read in regards to filing a two-page petition is that when there is absolutely no time get everything in place to file, you can file a two-page petition before the October 17 deadline. This petition is supposed to give you 14-days to get the other financial documents ready. I guess in a sense it is an extension of some sort. BUT, it still has to be filed before the October 17 deadline. I would consult with the courts for more information!!! This was just something that I read on the web.

Hope this helps!!!

Comment

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Emergency Petition Filing Checklist

San Jose, California... October 14, 2005...

Here is what I found out. I filed at 10 am today (Friday 14 Oct 2005) !!!

The www.FORM7.com program prints ALL the forms VERY nicely, including the "mailing matrix" (which apparrently is for scanning and OCR purposes, used to print form letters and mailing labels by the court clerk.)

You also need a diskette, the recorded message for the San Jose, California, bankruptcy court says so. -- (Perhaps they use the .TXT file from the diskette if there is any problem scanning/ocr the printed matrix? Or, the printed one is just for verification/backup?)

Minimum requirements for the basic or emergency Chapter 7 filing:

The Petition (B1, 2 pages)
                      Notice to individual consumer debtors (B201, 1 page)
                      Notice of Available Chapters (San Jose Local Req't)
                      Creditor matrix cover sheet (San Jose Local Req't)
                      Creditor matrix (for scanning/ocr or backup)
                      Creditor matrix on diskette
                      Statement of SSN

Voice message says: original plus FOUR copies,
                      TWO-hole punched at the top, BUT they only kept one
                      copy, and returned one to me date-stamped as filed.

The clerk said I could amend the creditor matrix and must
                      complete the filing within 15 days. Any amendment will
                      cost $26.00 at the time of filing the amendments.

Check for YOUR local requirements!!! There are minor variations... I called the court clerk in San Jose twice on Thursday afternoon, the phone rang for 30 minutes both times before I gave up!
                      I'm in N. California ... Thanks for your replies!
                      10/11/05: bought www.form7.com software
                      10/14/05: Filed Ch 7 BK Petition pro se skeleton
                      10/27/05: Filed all schedules, etc.
                      11/17/05: 341 meeting (done!)
                      01/16/06: Last day to file objections
                      01/18/06: Discharged, closed

Bankruptcy LINKS

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X