Something nagging me: creditor not on Credit Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something nagging me: creditor not on Credit Report

When I pulled my credit report to verify some debts, there was one creditor that wasn't even mentioned. And it's my biggest debt. I of course included them on Schedule J.... but for the last few days I have been wondering why they wouldn't be on my credit report. Wonder if they figured I would file bankruptcy and hoped I would forget to list them? Oh, it's one of the bigger credit card companies.

I didn't think to check for judgments against me.... maybe they filed suit in my former county of residence and I just don't know about it. I sure the heck didn't leave a forwarding address to my new town a year and a half ago..... my bad.

About 22 of our creditors that we calling on a daily basis are NOT on our credit reports either. When I worked for a dental office I asked why aren't the bad accounts reported to the credit reports, to hound them now, and they said it costs the creditor money to list items....don't know how true that is??, but maybe that is why.
    I still listed everyone I could think of!!!!!!!

good luck
    jessica

Comment

Some of the cc companies do no report to the credit bureaus - and yes, they probably charge them a fee to record info...
      Just as long as you have them listed on you petition you have covered your bases...

Minny
      Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

I had one of those too. A large amont of money, and a big, well-known company. Had not been able to pay on it for several years. Listed it on my Creditor Matrix + Schedule F.
        Last edited by quest42; 10-14-2005, 10:36 AM.
        I'm in N. California ... Thanks for your replies!
        10/11/05: bought www.form7.com software
        10/14/05: Filed Ch 7 BK Petition pro se skeleton
        10/27/05: Filed all schedules, etc.
        11/17/05: 341 meeting (done!)
        01/16/06: Last day to file objections
        01/18/06: Discharged, closed

Bankruptcy LINKS

Comment

Its like a subscription. The more frequently the creditor reports, the more they pay for it. Some may only update quarterly, while others update monthly. And some creditors may only report to 1-2 of the bureaus rather than all 3. That is its good to check all your reports periodically, as what is on one may not be on the others.
          Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X