Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank Notification When A Chapter Is Filed

Can someone please answer this question for me:

I will be filing a Chapter 7 in July. In April I opened a new checking account with another bank because the bank I had I have a Visa and LOC that I will be claiming as unsecured.

Will my new bank be notified of my BK if I have no outstanding loans or LOC with them? If they do get notified, can the close my accounts?

BooBoo

I don't think so. I have a bank account that usually stays pretty close to empty. My lawyer didn't even list them when he filed my paperwork.
    Chapter 7 Filed: May 26, 2009
    341 Meeting: July 2, 2009
    Discharged September 8, 2009

Comment

No, a bank that you have no outstanding debts with does not get notified.
      And you made a good decision to leave the bank you had loans at.
      You never know if you have cross collateralization agreements in place in many cases and people have been stung by them.

Comment

There is documentation on this site as well as many others that Wells Fargo even when not a party of your bk can and will freeze your bank accounts. Consider it unsafe to leave very much money in any account at Wells Fargo. They as well as most banks have employees actively searching bk records and can shut your account down without being notified. So you can keep an account open at Wells Fargo just don't allow it to have much money on the day you file your bk.
        Ch 7 filed: 3/30
        341: 5/12
        Discharged and Closed 7/20: Now known as- Free Willy

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X