Auto Lease and ride through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Lease and ride through

I will be filiing in a couple of weeks. I am including 2 Chase credit cards (among other banks). I have an auto lease through Chase.

Is Chase good about allowing a ride through on the lease if I don't assume it? Will the 2 chase credit cards have an impact on this?

I'd like to just keep the lease for a few months after BK and then turn it in.

The car issue is the one item that has stopped me from filing. I just can't decide what I want to do with it.

Thanks

It would depend largely if you have a cross collateral clause in your car loans or credit cards with them.
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

We BK'd 2 Chase cards and also have a car loan (not a lease) through them that we are currently doing a ride-through on with no issues. They don't send statements obviously and they cut-off our web access, but we just pay through our bank's online bill pay. Works great

Also depends on your state's repo laws. Here in MA, regardless of whether or not reaffirm\assume a lease, as long as you are current, they can't repo your vehicle.
      Filed Ch 7 - 07/10/08
      341 Meeting - 08/13/08
      DISCHARGED! - 10/15/08
      CLOSED - 10/20/08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X