Trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trustee

I was looking on my states BK court website and noticed that the trustee handling my case on August 5th, is also representing other clients in there chapter 7 cases that day. Obviously, when those people are up, there will be a different trustee.

Should I be concerned about this?
    Filed (Pro Se) - 06/23/2009.
    341 meeting - 08/05/2009.
    Last day for objections - 10/05/2009.
    Discharged - 10/06/2009

The TT is the representative of the creditors. He is the opposition to you the debtor.

Your attorney represents you against the TT.

I think your question is that your attorney is also the attorney of other cases having 341's that date and wondering if it matters.

It does not matter. Lots of attorneys have multiple cases on the same day, saves them travel time.

Comment

some trustees are also BK attorneys and have their own clients, of course they can't be their own trustee but will sometimes do both jobs on the same day in the same courtroom,just before a different trustee

Comment

Originally posted by reallybroke View Post
        some trustees are also BK attorneys and have their own clients, of course they can't be their own trustee but will sometimes do both jobs on the same day in the same courtroom,just before a different trustee

If they could THAT would be nirvana!
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

No that doesn't matter. My BK lawyer is also a CH 7 trustee which is scary b/c he filed all our papers wrong.
          4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
          5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
          7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
          7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X